Nextcloud auf Webspace own Category

I Have my Nextcloud on a IONOS Web space

In nearly all my postings I get advises That are not possible because no server access on Web space!
I noticed this also in different other posts!

I would suggest opening a category for those:

NEXTCLOUD ON WEBSPACE
with subcategorie
HOSTER

to see what hoster has what accessible in his server
To avoid senseless hints from the community
and get answers that fit to the problem

What do you Think?

Well, there is a category called “Hosting providers”. See

Your idea, if I am right, is about “Shared hosting”. That perfectly fits here.

Try to write your questions in a conscientiously way with all needed details and you will get sensual answers.

1 Like

Hosting providers do the management of Nextcloud for you (install/updates), hosting environments are still different. I know we have tagged a few of them with hosting.

The big issue with webhosting is, that users often have little experience. Setups on hosted environments are be much more difficult (and in some cases nearly impossible) because you have less tools available to analyze the problem and for each hoster this can be a bit different. Since you already need larger hosting packages, vservers or small dedicated servers are in a similar price range and allow much better controls.

We have used a few tags in the past, like ionos in your case. Not sure how much we should invest in this, it takes a lot of time, and often it is a dead end because the hosting system is a black box. However, in the end, they say how unreliable Nextcloud is…

Shure!

I noticed that I get not useful answers thou I wrote Hosted on Webspace - no access to server and If found a lot of other people having same.

There are special unsolved errors connected to Hosted on Webspace

Is it really that dramatic to have a Category or at least a tag.
e.g. “Hosted on Webspace”

I already searched for People on IONOS, but had no time to contact them and tel them about this and the existing Tag IONOS

What would you suggest for this pure guys like me (&566) to get specific help.

Should we start a survey?

See Topics tagged sharedhosting :label:

What we need is a simple topic stating what is and is not supported in terms of webhosting nextcloud on a shared host within the support forum.

For help, you would consult the shared host. It is very limited by design.

I suppose a howto page would be appropriate with the sharedhosting tag

1 Like

Yes That’s EXACTLY what we DONT NEED

We need Hosted on Webspace

Now you see how necessary this is!!

Are you able to get the difference? :upside_down_face:

Done at How To: Get Help on Shared Webhosting - Nextcloud community

This will guide you through what we can and cannot support on this forum.
It is not a category issue, only an issue when it relates to our actual support and basic discussion.
Everything else is between you and your shared hosting provider.
Cheers.