Nextcloud app not shown as Content Provider

Nextcloud app is not shown as content provider for other apps.
It was shown before but out of the blue, it disappeared.

I recently bought a new phone, when I reinstalled all apps and accounts, nextcloud was shown as an option to select a file from when I asked to open a file. Then I noticed that on the old phone it was not available.

Two days with the new phone and the app is not showing anymore, only Drive and Dropbox are showing.

I had a keepass database opened in KeePassDX and it is available with “content://…” address, but I cannot open another one

I uninstalled nextcloud, deleted the account from the smartphone and updated nextcloud android client to 3.15.1 to no avail.

On Instagram, for example, if I try to upload a photo, I can choose from Drive, Dropbox, Photos,FX File Chooser, OneDrive, Galery and others… but no nextcloud

Samsung Galaxy S21, Android 11, OneUI 3.1

Just installed nextcloud dev from f-droid
It’s working fine

It seems this problem came back. However, the solution is also the same: install nextcloud dev and it’s working.

How to install nextcloud dev? I can’t find it on android store.

If you enable the PIN-Protection in the settings of Nextcloud App, then the integration of the content provider seems to get deactivated. This looks like logical behaviour in order to not workaround the PIN-Protection.

Unfortunately there is no official documentation for the Android-App (like for desktop-client), where this “feature” could be described …

Do you have PIN-Protection enabled?

Bye …

1 Like

One suggestion for the developers:

When showing this dialog for activating the PIN-Protection …

NC-App-PIN

a little hint should be displayed, that the content-provider gets deactivated.

You should file that as a feature request on GitHub

I can’t see it working. I’m with latest version Android version, do I need to use the dev version nowdays too?

Why this feature is not in the main app release?

I don’t have PIN enabled.

With Instagram, IG for whatever reason moved all the external storage providers. They’re not visible when you use the button in the bottom center to create a post. But if you go to your profile and add from the plus in the upper right, the Recents can be changed to Other… And you can find external providers there (like Nextcloud). You will have to clock Browse… And depending on how many other providers are installed you may need to swipe the list left/right to bring it onscreen.

@Kintaro Are you referring to Instagram or elsewhere? Because works for me! For example, in the stock Android Files all I can click Other Storage and see all cloud providers and Nextcloud.

Yes I was talking about IG.

Yes! Thank you… I would like to know the reason of hiding external storage providers in the profile :angry: Is there any way to send report/suggestion to Instagram to “vote” the possibility to have them in the main “public button”.