Nextcloud AIO setup problem

Hey everyone i had just installed the nextcloud aio using the github page instructions but the problem is I am unable to create a new AIO instance.
Whenever i try to do so it says server unreachable and i had also done everything perfectly as i opened the port 443 and 80 in the router and I am using duck dns for the domain name. Also i had installed ufw and opened the port 80 and 443 in it.

Can someone tell me what’s the problem.
I had installed everything on rpi4

Hi, can you verify with portchecker.co if the port 443 is open for your domain?

1 Like

Yes it is, I just checked it have a look…

It’s really strange I can access the initial page but cannot assign the domain in inside

Iptables can inadvertently block communication with Docker containers because they have their own interface. Try with UFW disabled and see if that works.

1 Like

nope still having the same issue

All right, then this may be an issue within the domain validation. If you are sure that you’ve set up everything correctly, you may disable the domain validation by providing -e SKIP_DOMAIN_VALIDATION=true during the startup command (currently only works using the beta channel. See GitHub - nextcloud/all-in-one: The official Nextcloud installation method. Provides easy deployment and maintenance with most features included in this one Nextcloud instance.)

1 Like

where do i have to write this code, I am totally new with this thing.

I had installed the beta version but still having the same issue of domain validation. but the thing is I hadn’t put that code which you have given. So can you please tell me from where do i have to put the code.

Try this:

sudo docker run -it \
--name nextcloud-aio-mastercontainer \
--restart always \
-p 80:80 \
-p 8080:8080 \
-p 8443:8443 \
-e SKIP_DOMAIN_VALIDATION=true \
--volume nextcloud_aio_mastercontainer:/mnt/docker-aio-config \
--volume /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock:ro \
nextcloud/all-in-one:beta-arm64
1 Like

Now the nextcloud and apache container is not starting…

Please reset AIO properly GitHub - nextcloud/all-in-one: Nextcloud AIO stands for Nextcloud All In One and provides easy deployment and maintenance with most features included in this one Nextcloud instance. and try again!

1 Like

Still same thing…

You know what i had tried all the installation things like snap,docker,docker aio, nextcloudpi but everything is buggy.

I just want this to work anyhow. Also thanks a lot for fast support

If everything appears to be buggy, maybe you have faulty hardware/OS instead?

1 Like

Unterstandable

No problem!

Everything in a sense that every installation has some bugs nothing works perfectly as they shows up in the tutorials…

do i change my os to any other??
right now i am using raspberrypi os, So do i switch to any other ??

No that should do fine. However you could try Ubuntu 22.04 LTS server and see if it makes a difference.

1 Like

let me try and then i’ll tell you soon

Hey,I installed ubuntu server lts and now everything is running and up but i am unable to open the nextcloud using the domain which i have entered.

I also tried to open with the local address it gives the ssl error.

I suppose this is why we have the domain validation in the first place.

What do the apache container logs say?