NextCloud AIO on CentOS 19

Hi, I’m using the NC AIO based on GitHub - nextcloud/all-in-one: Nextcloud AIO stands for Nextcloud All In One and provides easy deployment and maintenance with most features included in this one Nextcloud instance.

I’ve got ports 80,443,8443 and the one for talk. My issue so far is the installer is failing at this part of the installation;

:xx.xx.xx.xx:8080/containers

A ‘borg’ directory was found but could not find the borg archive.
Only the files/folders below have been found in the borg directory.

The script won’t let me continue. Thank you for your help.

The archive and most importantly the config file must be positioned directly in the ‘borg’ subfolder.

Hi, see

and

This is where I am stuck.

This is the Error Log above, the results,

The archive and most importantly the config file must be positioned directly in the ‘borg’ subfolder.

Hi, what kind of backup are you trying to restore? Did you already have an AIO instance running before and try to restore the backup archive that you made there or is this something different?

This is all part of the initial login to NextCloud AIO on CentOS, the script will not let me continue without spitting out the red indication that something is incorrect. When i click on the Error Log this is the result I yield:

I cannot move forward with my nextcloud installation. I need some help since this is probably a bug that can be fixed in the future but to get this installed now how do I proceed?

It is very likely not a bug but if you think so, feel free to follow GitHub - nextcloud/all-in-one: Nextcloud AIO stands for Nextcloud All In One and provides easy deployment and maintenance with most features included in this one Nextcloud instance.

After resetting the instance properly, and starting aio again, you need to enter a domain that you will use for a new instance.

Yes, I did not use the local IP, instead I used a duckdns.org host name. I am not sure why I am unabvle to continue with the script. I have checked and is it the OS distro? I’m not sure where to begin other than I followed the instructions on github perfectly for CentOS yet I’m stuck at the part of the installation where I have 2 field options - left side is /mnt/backup and the right side is the password which is the random password in the .json file

I have a folder created at /mnt/backup1 /mnt/backup1/borg

This was created with root account.

So did you enter the domain into the field and it did not accept it but instead showed an error message? If yes, most likely is in that case something incorrectly configured on your side.

In any case, you can skip the domain verification if you are sure that you’ve configured everything correctly. See GitHub - nextcloud/all-in-one: Nextcloud AIO stands for Nextcloud All In One and provides easy deployment and maintenance with most features included in this one Nextcloud instance.

However at the state where you currently are, you need to first reset the instance properly and start from scratch. See GitHub - nextcloud/all-in-one: Nextcloud AIO stands for Nextcloud All In One and provides easy deployment and maintenance with most features included in this one Nextcloud instance.

1 Like

in the domain field, how should it be entered after this all-in-one script? domain.com or http://domain.com or https://domain.com or explicitly with a port # e.g. https://ip:port

I thought everything was a go, because I was able to ping my host from a CLI in CentOS - I just could not get past the screen with the backup error mentioned earlier.

You should enter it like domain.com here:

Yes, the ports are all allocated appropriately.

80, 443, and the other port for NextCloud Talk.

The domain name is entered exactly as you mentioned in the screenshot you posted xxx.duckdns.org also

Once you click submit, the script continues to the backup section and it just will not let you continue without the error message and the error in the log. It is looking for a file in the /mnt/backup/borg directory, apparently a configuration file it is trying to find and cannot find it.

What can I do?

Follow GitHub - nextcloud/all-in-one: The official Nextcloud installation method. Provides easy deployment and maintenance with most features included in this one Nextcloud instance. and try again.

I will try again.

As a sidenote, can you please before retrying disable your password manager extension? That might be the culprit here…

password manager extension? as in browser based password extension, e.g. mozilla? if that is a potential culprit, I can use a different browser, and I will try this with Chrome to see what happens. I appreciate the “heads up” on that. I’ll give that a whirl and see where I get. Danke

1 Like