šŸš€ Nextcloud 21 RC2 is available for testing!

Yes, it is the latest Talk, version 10.0.5. Those changes are not in this version though, I applied them manually, no change.

Upgraded from 20.0.7 with no issues at all. This is the first time I have been able so complete an upgrade from the web front-end without issue. In fact the reason that I switched to the beta for now is that the upgrade from 20.0.6 (which required a lot of intervention) borked several things including webdav.

At first try, RC2 seems a bit faster than 19 and 20.

Iā€™m guessing youā€™re running an older version of the Talk app. Are you able to update the Talk app and try again to activate it?

The latest is 10.1.1 - Release v10.1.1 Ā· nextcloud/spreed Ā· GitHub

I was running the latest, a update is available to me now, 11.0 RC1, this is working.

I am getting a really weird error after updating. I am able to log on the admin account. I have access to a few apps, like News and Notes. However, when I try to go info ā€œFilesā€ or go into settings, or the apps setting, I get an error:

Internal Server Error

The server was unable to complete your request.

If this happens again, please send the technical details below to the server administrator.

More details can be found in the server log.

Technical details

• Remote Address: 99.225.191.138
  • Request ID: dJYP1yhiSStHZaYDz2xA

I noticed that OC_Files_Locs was going crazy high, so I cleaned those. Now, the issue ended up being the External storage support for the Google Drive app. I disabled it and it got fixed. I am only writing because I was not able to find a fix anywhere. So this is just to save some time, to whoever ends up in the same issue a me.

Yes, the server looks a bit faster.

Be sure to file a bug report if there isnā€™t one!

My talk app still shows 10.0.5 and shows no hint of an update. What sort of magic dust makes this available? My talk app shows the same error that yours did.

Iā€™ve set the update channel to Beta, think that does it.

Same problem here. Talk now shows 10.0.5 as being no longer compatible after updating to NC 21.0.0. Talk just disappeared.

Talk 11 is out now, sorry, a bit sooner wouldā€™ve been better indeed.

No worries. As slow as the downloads are, it is available just in time. Sorry couldnā€™t resist. :wink:

At this point, Iā€™d like to thank you and the hole Nextcloud team for the awesome work you do. I am using Nextcloud since the beginning and never had any major issues with it. And thanks to the forum and the documentation and many others in the wider Nextcloud community, I was always able to solve the smaller issuses I was facing :slight_smile:

1 Like

he, I canā€™t update my own server due to timeouts from the download server, so I feel your paint. By now the 1GB connection really isnā€™t enoughā€¦

1 Like

I was able to upgrade my test server yesterday via web interface with multiple retrys. On my production server Iā€™ll wait a few weeks anyways. So no big issue here :slight_smile:

I updated 2 NC20.0.8 installs to NC 21 RC2.
Got a lot of errors now:

• Wrong PHP version 7.2, but it runs already for months on 7.4 (on one instance)
  • Cron job execution does not work anymore, error (and a lot of e-mail messages now)
  • ā€œEr is een achtergrondtaak in bezig die controleert op door de gebruiker geĆÆmporteerde SSL-certificaten. Kom later terug.ā€ (orange color)
  • Je webserver is niet goed ingesteld om ā€œ/.well-known/webfingerā€ te vinden ā€¦
  • Je webserver is niet goed ingesteld om ā€œ/.well-known/nodeinfoā€ te vinden ā€¦
  • Je installatie heeft geen standaard telefoonregio. (that would be new to NC 21)

But in 20.0.8 (and earlier releases) there where no messages at all.
So what is now going wrong?

I think I will restore 20.0.8 for now and wait.

NC21 final is out since last monday. No need to use an RC.

Every release brings new setup checks.

For sure you can wait.

That one is not offered yet to me and our clients. But it seems 21.0.0 is installed when I did the update to the beta channel yesterday.
So I need to find out what is wrong now.

I think one of the problems is within this part of the NC21 .htaccess:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} DavClnt
RewriteRule ^$ /remote.php/webdav/ [L,R=302]
RewriteRule .* - [env=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
RewriteRule ^.well-known/carddav /remote.php/dav/ [R=301,L]
RewriteRule ^.well-known/caldav /remote.php/dav/ [R=301,L]
RewriteRule ^remote/(.) remote.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^(?:build|tests|config|lib|3rdparty|templates)/.
- [R=404,L]
RewriteRule ^.well-known/(?!acme-challenge|pki-validation) /index.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^(?:.(?!well-known)|autotest|occ|issue|indie|db_|console).* - [R=404,L]

ā€¦

DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ABOVE THIS LINE

In my case nextcloud is a subdomain. https://cloud/domainname

In httpd (apache) I have:
|*if SUB=ā€œcloudā€|
Redirect 301 /.well-known/carddav https://cloud.domain.eu/remote.php/dav
Redirect 301 /.well-known/caldav https://cloud.domain.eu/remote.php/dav
Redirect 301 /.well-known/webfinger https://cloud.domain.eu/public.php?service=webfinger
|*endif|

and that worked fine without errors until NC 21

Why cron is not working anymore? Who knows?

Why is there a background job checking importerd SSL certificates? I never imported a certificate. The site has a valid SSL certificate on the server.

Previous NC 20 scored 100% security !

NC 21 was released. If you have specific problems, please create a new topic. Closing here.