Nextcloud 19 Beta 2 is out - help us test it!

BTW, what do mean with S3 ist this group folders related?, thx

You are responding to a news article created by a bot (see topic category).

Which issue you are referring too?

No, see Amazon S3 - Wikipedia

well it is the following issue at github (group folder and trashbin retention setting do not work)

e.g.

or here

BRGDS

Haydar

1 Like

I just tested GroupFolder. What exactly are your issues? It works for me in NC19b4 exactly as it did in NC18. (And this thread is about NC19+apps regressions/bugs, right :wink:

As my comment started : ā€œas soon as it been releasedā€
It was on NC14 i think (i can be wrong).
It wasnā€™t really production ready, so i stopped using it and change my way to share a same folder between groups.

Now i canā€™t migrate on GroupFolder because of some unresolved issues like the TrashBin retention

yeah Nemskiller is right,

the trashbin retention times do not work with the app group folder enabled. So deleted files in the group folder do move into trash bin, but are not deleted from the trash bin according to the trashbin retention settings e.g. ā€˜trashbin_retention_obligationā€™ => 1, 3,

Why Iā€™m repeating this here and in github. Very easy: I try to take every opportunity to point out this issue. I donā€™t have any other choice. GF is a very good app in enterprise environments, but it is a pain in the butt, that in GF deleted files, will not be removed from the trash bin according to the trash bin obligation times in the config.php. I guess this is what the nextcloud developers and the GF developers should have an close eye on it.

Many people might thing now, this guy with his funny requests, but it is important for the Group Folder users. So please letā€™s give an hand on it to solve this problem since NC 14

Thanks for your comments. Nurosda just check my github links, right before your actual contribution

Haydar

2 Likes

Well rakekniven,

I and many others have reported this issues, but since a veery long time, there is no action taken from the developers. Why is NC still keeping this app still in itā€™s repositories?

1 Like

It is working :slight_smile:
Using it in a few clouds and have no complaints.

I do not understand? As I understand it Groupfolders are essential for an organisation. How can you have shared folders for groups of users without it?

Manuel sharing.

Create a folder and share with users.

I created another thread. Please continue this discussion there.

Hello,

@rollanders and @rakekniven

donā€™t you read my mails carefully? This app might work a kind of well. BUT if you delete a file FROM the GROUP Folders, it moves to the trashbin, BUT WILL NOT be removed from there, even if the trash bin retention obligation is set in the config.php. This is why the Group app fails. And Iā€™m not the only one, who complains about it. And see here the entries at github:

BUT if you thing your Group Folders are working, the way, they should be, like deleted in Group Folders items are being removed according to the trash bin retention obligation directive, then tell me please, how it works on your environment. Setting up the GF and using it is not the point, this works for me too

Thank you

Haydar

1 Like

I read your messages and did not answering you. It was a response to @rollanders question.

ohh sorry for that

Is NC 19 a LTS version of Nextcloud? I donā€™t want to upgrade my NC instances every few months anymore.

thereā€™s no thing like that, afaik. butā€¦ you could stay on your version and just wait. like nc16 is still maintained at the moment

As already stated there is no LTS version. For releases and dates see

If you like to run you NC19 instance for a longer time you can buy this extended support. Donā€™t know about setup, size and how critical your environment is.

Sanook
You do not need to upgrade. There are people still using NC15. I assume most updates are for smaller bugs and tweaks. Do you update your server?

You should always use a maintained version the get security fixes.
NC15 was end of life last christmas.

1 Like