Nextcloud 13 Brings Improved UI, Video and Text Chat, End-to-end Encryption, Improved performance and more

Well, yes. I agree with that.

I have to differentiate however.

When it comes to the Talk high speed backend server with the mentioned cost 5.000ā‚¬ per year, it is probably something a small company doesnā€™t need. I think it is possible to setup oneā€™s own turn server and so on, if there are only 10 to 20 employees.

And the support actually starts at 1.900ā‚¬ per year for the basic support and up to 50 users.
That sounds pretty fair to me and can be achievable by smaller companies as well - especially if you really need the support by professionals.

1 Like

I upgraded from 12.05 to 13.0 with no problems using the Web upgrade it was smooth. I am on the NextCloud Box but running NextCloud with a LAMP install instead of Snap. I have several PHP MySQL apps running as well as some custom developed Web PHP, MySQL apps.

Great Job with version 13.0

Where do I find the source code for the Enterprise offering?

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Why do my topics get no answer?

I am still waiting to allow my users to use Nextcloud until I have several techā€™s who can support me. Here is one I found. While he is paid support he seems quite nice and fair priced.
Daniel Hansson
daniel@techandme.se
teachandme.se

Good Luck and if you find any others feel free to email me at sales@skybridge.net

217-2018-02-15-13-05-40|690x37
What else should I do to get End-to-end Encryption?

Hello,

Does someone tried to upgrade directly from version 11 to 13 ?
I understand itā€™s certainly not supported, but who knows, it can workā€¦

usually you see the version from whom which you can upgrade in the version.php file, but anyway it is better to follow not skip major releases, if you track the repo with git you can checkout progressively the tags and do occ upgrade.

Probably best if you upgrade to 12 first then 13. Less headache. My 2 cents.

Mit freundlichen GrĆ¼ĆŸen!

Really? Its by far time that upgrades work jumping several versions. ownCloud is doing this now from 8.2 to 10.0 and 9.1 to 10.0 ā€¦ why would Nextcloud not be able to deliver that?
I guess I never realized as I am updating them each time with the first .1 release so Iā€™ll wait for 13.1 anyway ā€¦

Itā€™s not worth trying, you spend much more time verifying and fixing than you save by the upgrade.

It was planned in the beginning of NC, there havenā€™t been many news about this since then. At this point, Iā€™d prefer to have a bit more stability during normal upgrades before they start to work on skipping upgrades.

I only installed Nexcloud 2 days ago, and now I wanted to update. (my hosting provider didnā€™t have version 13)

In the Check for expected files it complaied and stopped the update with this error:

The following extra files have been found:

nextcloud.log
    .ocdata
    updater.log
    appdata_oc93co6vaa1q
    tanghus
    .htaccess_bak
    files_external
    updater-oc93co6vaa1q

These are all files/directories Nextcloud itself has installed, so it seems rather ā€¦ weird. Furthemore if I deleted tanghus I would loose all my files.

What to do now?

Does chatmessages via talk work federated trough different nextcloud-servers if you have enabled that?

Thank you so much all the crew who contrituted to this release, itā€™s amazing. I updated from 12.0.3 and now web interface is too much faster. Thanks!!
No problem with my upgrade, only when was creating backup I get a error I retried and everything OK.

2 Likes

Is there any information on when a pre-release client with E2E for the Mac will be available?

Not yet.

Weā€™re hoping to make new builds this week, Iā€™ll ask for Mac to be included!

Thatā€™s 100x weirdā€¦ Are the files not in their usual place (eg data directory etc)? Some I donā€™t recognize, like the updater and appdata files - are those from an unfinished upgrade? Anything special in the log? Eg tanghus, where is that, it should be in the data subdirectory, correct?

Yeah, right now, we finally have upgrades work really reliable. If we do ā€˜skipping releasesā€™ it will probably be by automatically going through the intermediate releases. That is the safest and most reliable way.

Thatā€™s 100x weirdā€¦ Are the files not in their usual place (eg data directory etc)? Some I donā€™t recognize, like the updater and appdata files - are those from an unfinished upgrade? Anything special in the log? Eg tanghus, where is that, it should be in the data subdirectory, correct?

It was my bad.I didnā€™t read the docs and closed the issue.

1 Like

Ahhā€¦ great! I canā€™t wait to give it a spin!

Sorry to ruin your mood - I just heard our build-mac-mini isnā€™t working and the dev who has to get it working again is sick. So we will likely not manage a build of the Mac client for this round, unless the antibiotics work quickly :smiley: