Need help with Nignx Proxy Manager with Nextcloud

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): ‘28.0.4’
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): ‘docker container running the latest docker image’
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): ‘Nginx Proxy Manager 2.11.1’
PHP version (eg, 7.4): `idk where to find that’

The issue you are facing:

I have been trying everything I can to get rid of the warning:

• You are accessing your instance over a secure connection, however your instance is generating insecure URLs. This most likely means that you are behind a reverse proxy and the overwrite config variables are not set correctly. Please read the documentation page about this :arrow_upper_right:.

But everytime I try something I does not get rid of it.
I can access the website through the domain and use nextcloud I just want to get rid of the warning.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): N

Steps to replicate it:

1. Open the security setup

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

don't need

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'htaccess.RewriteBase' => '/',
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'apps_paths' => 
  array (
    0 => 
    array (
      'path' => '/var/www/html/apps',
      'url' => '/apps',
      'writable' => false,
    ),
    1 => 
    array (
      'path' => '/var/www/html/custom_apps',
      'url' => '/custom_apps',
      'writable' => true,
    ),
  ),
  'upgrade.disable-web' => true,
  'instanceid' => 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX',
  'passwordsalt' => 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX',
  'secret' => 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => 'nextcloud.XXXXXXXX.duckdns.org',
  ),
  'trusted_proxies' => array(
    0 => '192.168.20.50',
  ),
  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
  'overwritehost' => 'XXXXXXX.duckdns.org',
  'overwritecondaddr' => '^192\.168\.20\.50$',
  'forwarded-for-headers' =>
  array (
    0 => 'X-Forwarded-For',
    1 => 'HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR',
  ),
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://nextcloud.XXXXXXX.duckdns.org/nextcloud',
  'datadirectory' => '/var/www/html/data',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '28.0.4.1',
  'dbname' => 'XXXXXXXXXX',
  'dbhost' => 'nextcloud-db',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'dbuser' => 'XXXXXXXXXX',
  'dbpassword' => 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX',
  'installed' => true,
  'app_install_overwrite' => 
  array (
    0 => 'memories',
  ),
  'memories.exiftool' => '/var/www/html/custom_apps/memories/bin-ext/exiftool-amd64-glibc',
  'memories.vod.path' => '/var/www/html/custom_apps/memories/bin-ext/go-vod-amd64',
  'loglevel' => 2,
  'maintenance_window_start' => 1,
  'maintenance' => false,
  'memories.db.triggers.fcu' => true,
  'default_phone_region' => 'ISO 3166-2:US',
);

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

PASTE HERE

Output errors in nextcloud.log in /var/www/ or as admin user in top right menu, filtering for errors. Use a pastebin service if necessary.

You are accessing your instance over a secure connection, however your instance is generating insecure URLs. This most likely means that you are behind a reverse proxy and the overwrite config variables are not set correctly. Please read the documentation page about this ↗.

hi @Stinkywar welcome to the community :handshake:

you can see in multiple places… e.g. your config.php shows 28.0.4.1. docker :latest tag does not mean anything… today this could be one tomorrow completely different. in genral I recommend to avoid using the :latest for this reasons well explained here: What's Wrong With The Docker :latest Tag? · vsupalov.com

Your config looks right at first glance but I think you don’t need

usually this setting is not required. If removing the setting doesn’t help double check your networking. Chances exist connection is using other IPs than you configure (docker proxy network). You can check Apache logs (in case you are running Apache image) using docker logs ${container name} - double check from which IP you requests come to the system… likely you will see docker internal network segment like 172.16.x.x (borrow some hints from Apache Docker behind reverse proxy

1 Like

Thank you very much, removing 'overwritecondaddr' => '^192\.168\.20\.50 ,` immediately solved my issue!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.