Nd.nl.tab digital server end of life

NextCloud version 26.0.13.1
nd.nl.tab digital
free account

I have a message saying that the server is end of life.

I have read the other posts about this but I’m not sure what action to take. Do I need to open a new free account or can I continue to use the account, if so, at what risk?
Will nd.nl.tab digital migrate me to another server?

Thank you for your assistance.

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 29.0.5): replace me
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 29.04): replace me
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): replace me
PHP version (eg, 8.3): replace me

The issue you are facing:

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N):

Steps to replicate it:

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

PASTE HERE

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

PASTE HERE

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

Output errors in nextcloud.log in /var/www/ or as admin user in top right menu, filtering for errors. Use a pastebin service if necessary.

PASTE HERE

I fear you need to ask them about it :man_shrugging:

The problems of nd.nl.tab.digital also exist at nc.nl.tab.digital and maybe more servers. The only way to improve the update policy of these providers is to advise against using these servers. Maybe then something will change. It is completely incomprehensible to me how you can provide servers with probably thousands of users without upgrades, which is really bad self-promotion.

What are your requirements for a free Nextcloud? Which apps do you use? How much data do you want to manage? Perhaps we can give you a few alternatives.

Maintenance and Release Schedule · nextcloud/server Wiki · GitHub

Nextcloud 26 has not been EOL for that long. But in the end you always have to upgrade. It makes no sense to wait that long.

Check the release with this urls. You do not really need the Nextcloud scanner.

https://nd.nl.tab.digital/status.php
https://nc.nl.tab.digital/status.php
1 Like

Thanks, I did ask:
I posted my question on the nd.nl.tab.digital support chat and, this morning I received this reply:
“nd.nl.tab.digital is still being supported and we have no plans of removing this server.”
The server message referenced above is still showing on my devices when I log into nd.nl.tab.digital, so I’m concerned about the security of my data.
Regards, Ken

Thank you for replying, it’s useful information.

[quote=“devnull, post:3, topic:194826”]
What are your requirements for a free Nextcloud? Which apps do you use? How much data do you want to manage? [/quote]

I use NextCloud to synchronise apps shared between me and my wife, on six devices - the apps are a music /words score app, a notes app and an encrypted password app.
Total Data is less than 2GB (so the 8GB from nd.nl.tab.digital is plenty for my requirements)

I posted my question on the nd.nl.tab.digital support chat and, this morning I received this reply:
“nd.nl.tab.digital is still being supported and we have no plans of removing this server.”

So I am concerned about this server being EOL and would welcome any suggestions of alternatives.

Thank you for your kind assistance, Ken

Well. The Nextcloud version is only just EOL. Only when there are relevant security updates and these are no longer available for Nextcloud 26 will tab.digital have to update them manually itself. But why they don’t just use a supported version, I don’t know. They don’t seem to use enterprise versions with longer support either.

You can create a new account at https://cloud.tab.digital and you get an account at https://kim.nl.tab.digital with Nextcloud 28. You can find also a list here.

I use a paid account on cloudamo and have been very satisfied. I am responsible for upgrades to NC, so you need to know how to do this, which they can explain. Their support is very responsive.

Thank you. I have opened a cloud.tab.digital account. Appreciate your help.