NC 25.0.2 installed but not working

I installed NC 25.0.2 using the web installer.
The instalation was not smooth. When redirecting to the “apps” page, the url was wrong. After a few attempts I got to the right url and NC behaved like everything was fine.
However, it is not actually working.
I can log in and navegate on the web interface, but none of the apps is actually working: I cant uplod files, create tasks, etc.
For every action I try I get “This operation is not allowed” (not sure if this is the english message since the interface is in Portuguese and I cant change it).

The basic system info is:

**Operating system:** Linux 3.10.0-693.2.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Sep 12 22:26:13 UTC 2017 x86_64

**Webserver:** Apache (fpm-fcgi)

**Database:** sqlite3 3.7.17

**PHP version:** 8.1.12

Modules loaded: Core, date, libxml, pcre, sqlite3, ctype, dom, fileinfo, filter, ftp, hash, iconv, json, SPL, session, PDO, pdo_sqlite, openssl, posix, Reflection, standard, SimpleXML, tokenizer, xml, xmlreader, xmlwriter, mysqlnd, cgi-fcgi, bcmath, curl, calendar, gd, gmp, intl, imap, mbstring, exif, mysqli, zlib, pcntl, pspell, pdo_mysql, pdo_pgsql, pgsql, zip, Phar, amqp, imagick, mcrypt, mongodb, OAuth, sqlsrv, pdo_sqlsrv, psr, redis, timezonedb, soap, xsl, newrelic, ionCube Loader, Zend OPcache

**Nextcloud version:** 25.0.2 - 25.0.2.3

When trying to find out the reason, I got to the config file and its content seems weird, shorter than it should be.

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'instanceid' => 'xxx',
  'passwordsalt' => 'xxx',
  'secret' => 'xxx',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => 'xxx',
  ),
  'datadirectory' => 'xxx',
  'dbtype' => 'sqlite3',
  'version' => '25.0.2.3',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'xxx',
  'installed' => true,
);

So, no info about database and so on.

Any ideas on what happened and on how to fix this?

welcome to the forum @barichello :handshake:

We are missing required information from required support template. Please fill this form out and edit into your post.

doesn’t make sense for me… please describe exact steps to reproduce (part of support template)…
When you say the installation was not smooth - please describe the issues.

Thanks for your time, @wwe .
I improved the original post.

Also, under Administration → Overview, I am getting two error messages. Unfortubately, they are in portuguese and I cant change the language.

The first is about “webdav is broken”.
The second is about PHP memory been below 512 MB.

you are still missing lot of important information - especially logs.

5y old kernel sounds really strange and old… are you running some weird NAS/IoT device? even my outdated Qnap-453 runs 5.10 kernel from 2022…

It is running on a basic hosting service I use for a long time now (umbler.com).

The latest error message in the log file (and the only one that seems relevant) is this:

{"reqId":"Y7R9ruM2INkLyT6ny0uCNQAHktc","level":3,"time":"2023-01-03T19:10:38+00:00","remoteAddr":"187.106.251.242","user":"admin","app":"index","method":"GET","url":"/nextcloud/index.php/settings/admin/serverinfo","message":"Call to undefined function OCA\\ServerInfo\\OperatingSystems\\shell_exec() in file '/home/mais.mat.br/public/nextcloud/apps/serverinfo/lib/OperatingSystems/DefaultOs.php' line 248","userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:108.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/108.0","version":"25.0.2.3","exception":{"Exception":"Exception","Message":"Call to undefined function OCA\\ServerInfo\\OperatingSystems\\shell_exec() in file '/home/mais.mat.br/public/nextcloud/apps/serverinfo/lib/OperatingSystems/DefaultOs.php' line 248","Code":0,"Trace":[{"file":"/home/mais.mat.br/public/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php","line":172,"function":"dispatch","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\Http\\Dispatcher","type":"->"},{"file":"/home/mais.mat.br/public/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php","line":298,"function":"main","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\App","type":"::"},{"file":"/home/mais.mat.br/public/nextcloud/lib/base.php","line":1047,"function":"match","class":"OC\\Route\\Router","type":"->"},{"file":"/home/mais.mat.br/public/nextcloud/index.php","line":36,"function":"handleRequest","class":"OC","type":"::"}],"File":"/home/mais.mat.br/public/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php","Line":165,"Previous":{"Exception":"Error","Message":"Call to undefined function OCA\\ServerInfo\\OperatingSystems\\shell_exec()","Code":0,"Trace":[{"file":"/home/mais.mat.br/public/nextcloud/apps/serverinfo/lib/OperatingSystems/DefaultOs.php","line":186,"function":"executeCommand","class":"OCA\\ServerInfo\\OperatingSystems\\DefaultOs","type":"->"},{"file":"/home/mais.mat.br/public/nextcloud/apps/serverinfo/lib/Os.php","line":78,"function":"getDiskInfo","class":"OCA\\ServerInfo\\OperatingSystems\\DefaultOs","type":"->"},{"file":"/home/mais.mat.br/public/nextcloud/apps/serverinfo/lib/Settings/AdminSettings.php","line":79,"function":"getDiskInfo","class":"OCA\\ServerInfo\\Os","type":"->"},{"file":"/home/mais.mat.br/public/nextcloud/apps/settings/lib/Controller/CommonSettingsTrait.php","line":129,"function":"getForm","class":"OCA\\ServerInfo\\Settings\\AdminSettings","type":"->"},{"file":"/home/mais.mat.br/public/nextcloud/apps/settings/lib/Controller/AdminSettingsController.php","line":83,"function":"formatSettings","class":"OCA\\Settings\\Controller\\AdminSettingsController","type":"->"},{"file":"/home/mais.mat.br/public/nextcloud/apps/settings/lib/Controller/CommonSettingsTrait.php","line":149,"function":"getSettings","class":"OCA\\Settings\\Controller\\AdminSettingsController","type":"->"},{"file":"/home/mais.mat.br/public/nextcloud/apps/settings/lib/Controller/AdminSettingsController.php","line":68,"function":"getIndexResponse","class":"OCA\\Settings\\Controller\\AdminSettingsController","type":"->"},{"file":"/home/mais.mat.br/public/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php","line":225,"function":"index","class":"OCA\\Settings\\Controller\\AdminSettingsController","type":"->"},{"file":"/home/mais.mat.br/public/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php","line":133,"function":"executeController","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\Http\\Dispatcher","type":"->"},{"file":"/home/mais.mat.br/public/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php","line":172,"function":"dispatch","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\Http\\Dispatcher","type":"->"},{"file":"/home/mais.mat.br/public/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php","line":298,"function":"main","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\App","type":"::"},{"file":"/home/mais.mat.br/public/nextcloud/lib/base.php","line":1047,"function":"match","class":"OC\\Route\\Router","type":"->"},{"file":"/home/mais.mat.br/public/nextcloud/index.php","line":36,"function":"handleRequest","class":"OC","type":"::"}],"File":"/home/mais.mat.br/public/nextcloud/apps/serverinfo/lib/OperatingSystems/DefaultOs.php","Line":248},"CustomMessage":"--"},"id":"63b49b18be4ac"}

sounds like you PHP process can’t execute system commands - could be like here:

is definitely not a good idea - please review system requirements - I’m very surprised 128MB is described as minimum… I would even recommend 1024 MB…

Still wondering about 5y old kernel - running on ancient software could result in issues as well. Please review required PHP modules as well…

I am not sure it is the only problem, but shell_exec is disabled on my host.
Thanks for the help!