NC 22.2.1 performance warning!

Iā€™m definitely not running ZFS or BTRFS. Thanks for the reply.

pi@rpi-cloud:~ $ df -Th
Filesystem     Type      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/root      ext4      118G  4.6G  108G   5% /

You could try to manually install the patch mentioned in the linked GitHub issue. But if it is not absolutley crucial or mission critical for some reason, I would wait for an official bug fix upgradeā€¦ :wink:

NC22.2.1 is working fine for me. Can not feel any difference in performance. :man_shrugging:t3:

Ubuntu 20.04.
Apache 2.4.41
PHP7.4.3
MySQL 8.0.27

I was looking at the patch in the GitHub thread a few minutes ago. Iā€™m not going to try to install the patchā€¦ although Iā€™m tempted to learn how :slight_smile: Iā€™ll probably just wait for the next upgrade. Thanks!

If you want to try it, you could install Nextcloud in a VM on your Desktop PC or Laptop and try it there firstā€¦ and / or you could take a full image of your Raspberry Piā€™s SD Card. That way you could roll back to your old installation if something goes wrong. Ideally, however, you should have a second SD card with which you can test that restoring the image actually works, should you need it :wink:

Matter of fact from day one my NextCloud 22.2.0 (snap) running slow due to high CPU usage.

I have an open post seeking advice on Recommended CPU on system requirements !! NextCloud system requirement page has practically no information about the CPU details.

I received the notification on my Android client and Windows Desktop client that 22.2.1 was available and when I went to update the server, the new version wasnā€™t available. I hope that happened because of this possible bug (new version held back) and not a new bug in and of itself.

So ā€¦ what Iā€™ve learned today is that I need to put a backup/restore strategy into practice!

3 Likes

I too received the notification there is an update. I also received an e-mail from Nextcloud Community saying 22.2.1 have serious performance issues.

I went to see if I could run the update but itā€™s saying I am on the current version (22.2.0) so probably got pulled which is fine.

I also can create a full ZFS snapshot before upgrading since the data folder resides on my TrueNAS server. Can also create full backup as itā€™s running inside of a container in ProxMox.

You can apply the patch manually. You just have to add two lines to a file:

(the second file is just a test procedure)

3 Likes

Same here. It must be trickling in slowly for others.

1 Like

New version seem to be online:

NC22

Now doing the update and see if performance is back good again.

*alls - to late.
On my RPI 4 it is even harderā€¦
I will go haven rollbackā€¦

@Mailandt OK, after installing the official 22.2.2 patch performance is close to before so you should give it a try.

Thx, I did the 22.2.2 and it looks like it works fine.
Mutch better.

Cheers

Just added the two lines, and the diffrence is noticable instantly. Thx for pointing it out again. :slight_smile:

@curtis10
In this specific case you do not need a full backup. If you want to be on the safe side, make a copy of the file before you change anything, then you can easy go back to the original file if you mess something up :slight_smile:

But yes having the option to simply roll back if something goes wrong is of course very pleasant. I have Nextcloud installed in a VM and usually take a snapshot of the VM before I do any changes to the system or to Nextcloud itself. But ā€œusuallyā€ was not this timeā€¦ ā€œItā€™s only a minor upgrade, what could possibly go wrong?ā€ :wink:

Official version 22.2.2 is out and it is confirmed to solve the issue.

10 Likes

That was fast! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That was one of the fastest patches I guess which was ever delivered! Good Job!

3 Likes