Native Chrome OS Client

Is there any Chrome OS client planned?

I’m looking for a client similar to the ones available for Windows or OSX – allowing to sync selected folders from a next cloud server to the Chromebook.

As far as I understand, this point has already been discussed in the past and there seems to be no real requirement for a native Chrome OS client app. Please read this discussion, which also provides a solution for Chrome OS:

Please also check-out the following article (#4) which mentions the use of Nextcloud on Chrome OS:

Maybe you are right, there is no requirement for a chrome os client.
And in fact I’ve not used a Chromebook so far.

But I already knew the posts you sent. The 1stone is mainly about CalDAV and CardDav, and the WebDAV implementation is not user-friendly at all. And the second post is about Android apps!

What I read about Chromebooks so far is – yes, they support Linux and Android apps but its all VM based and if you have to much Android apps – the system is getting slow.

So, for me it is clear – I would only use a Chromebook if there was a native Nextcloud client. But maybe Chromebooks are already death – they never reached Europe, besides few exceptions.

Regards,
Frank

2 Likes

In Europe surely, but not in the US. There they even toppled Microsoft from school campuses. But being bound to Google and sending all data to a US company and privacy + data protection doesn’t mix well either.

1 Like