Music app stuck without being able to update - General error: 4047 InnoDB

I followed this guide to install Docker and Collabora

Now I have a problem that the Music app is hindering me from doing anything in my Nextcloud. It all started after I tried to update all apps in the GUI in Nextcloud and then suddenly the music app won’t update and leaves me with an error.

The only right thing to do at the moment I feel is to remove my nextcloud docker image and then reinstall an updated version of it again. How do I do that? Can I reconnect with Collabora easily? Will my data inevitably be lost?

Can I just remove the three old Nextcloud images?

REPOSITORY TAG IMAGE ID CREATED SIZE
nextcloud latest 82ea99d60d77 4 days ago 905MB
onlyoffice/documentserver latest 9a2d35676972 6 days ago 2.71GB
redis latest ddcca4b8a6f0 13 days ago 105MB
collabora/code latest 8d8e22d44a64 2 weeks ago 1.39GB
mariadb latest 45eaeedf03de 3 weeks ago 409MB
instrumentisto/coturn latest 170432ce18ed 7 months ago 18.8MB
nextcloud custom 3ba3e5ce8318 7 months ago 900MB
nextcloud apache 10fa80752a04 7 months ago 809MB
nextcloud < none> d76db1378a35 7 months ago 809MB
hello-world latest bf756fb1ae65 20 months ago 13.3kB

I have tried many things like removing or disabling the music app but it does not work.

Thanks for any help!

Cordially,
Martin Book

What is it doing?

What error?

Did you try updating or disabling it with OCC?

Yes, it should be fine to remove older image versions from Docker. I think it will let you know if one of them is still in use by a container.

I think this is probably not the solution to whatever is going on, but as long as your data folder and database are intact, you should not lose any data. It’s not stored in the container itself.

Thank you for your reply.

This is what happens:
uponsignin

When trying to update this is what I get

This is what I receive when I try OCC UPGRADE
occ upgrade
Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade
Setting log level to debug
Turned on maintenance mode
Updating database schema
Updated database
Updating …
Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\InvalidFieldNameException: An exception occurred while executing ‘UPDATE oc_music_albums SET created = ? WHERE created IS NULL’ with params [“2021-08-31 07:23:26”]:

SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘created’ in ‘where clause’
Update failed
Maintenance mode is kept active
Resetting log level

I tried pulling a new docker image but I am not sure I can migrate the attachments from the old to the new. There are two old Nextcloud images that still are in use, the ones down the list:

REPOSITORY TAG IMAGE ID CREATED SIZE
nextcloud latest 82ea99d60d77 4 days ago 905MB
onlyoffice/documentserver latest 9a2d35676972 6 days ago 2.71GB
redis latest ddcca4b8a6f0 13 days ago 105MB
collabora/code latest 8d8e22d44a64 2 weeks ago 1.39GB
mariadb latest 45eaeedf03de 3 weeks ago 409MB
instrumentisto/coturn latest 170432ce18ed 7 months ago 18.8MB
nextcloud custom 3ba3e5ce8318 7 months ago 900MB
nextcloud apache 10fa80752a04 7 months ago 809MB
hello-world latest bf756fb1ae65 20 months ago 13.3kB

If this is the occ command for updating an app it does not seem to do much good:

occ app:update music
Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available

Trying to remove it is to no avail either:

occ app:remove music
Error: An exception occurred while executing ‘UPDATE oc_appconfig SET configvalue = ? WHERE (appid = ?) AND (configkey = ?) AND ((configvalue IS NULL) OR (configvalue <> ?))’ with params [“no”, “music”, “enabled”, “no”]:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 4047 InnoDB refuses to write tables with ROW_FORMAT=COMPRESSED or KEY_BLOCK_SIZE.

But this is really where I describe and try to get help with the music app error and get back into my Nextcloud

This thread is mainly a question if I can get rid of my old Nextcloud image and load a new one and get back into it that way. Like a really hard reset…

I really want to use my Nextcloud and I do not know what to do.

from your screenshots I have the feeling you are running the upgrade from the Web - did you? Docker containers are expected to upgrade by changing the image tag. If you have (had) NC19 running try to get rid of you old containers and restart explicitly using a newer version (n+1 so if you where running 19 continue with 20).

replace

image: nextcloud

with

image: nextcloud:20

or :20.0.12 if you want to be more precise.

your data should remain untouched if you carefully followed the guide.

alternatively you could try to remove the app folder before you upgrade - may this help to complete the upgrade…

Unfortunately, this is not my problem.

I did not try to upgrade Nextcloud at all. I updated the Apps in the Nextcloud UI. Suddenly I was kicked out of it and found myself at the first screenshot above telling me that I needed to upgrade the Music app.

When I tried clicking the above button I got an error and was stuck. Because of this error I am not able to enter Nextcloud at all.

The people creating the Music app tried to help me here: https://github.com/owncloud/music/issues/889

Haven’t helped, unfortunately.

Your suggestion might help but I do not know how to test it. Are these commands in terminal:
image: nextcloud
image: nextcloud:20
?

Otherwise, what steps can I take to replace the one with the other?

How do I get rid of the docker containers? Isn’t it the Images I want to get rid of?

Talk to me like I were your four year old child, though I bet they would understand all of this better than I do. :wink:

Thank you very much for any light you might bring in this.

Cordially,
Martin

KarlF12:

Sorry to disturb you, but do you have any suggestions how I can do the things suggested here

under your suggested installation of Nextcloud Docker?

Thanks for any pointers!

Cordially,
Martin Book

This is a known issue with MariaDB 10.6 and Nextcloud. Try this.

1 Like

Trying it right away now. Thanks!

Also remember to run docker-compose up -d to update the container config after making changes.

You are incredible, KarlF12!

This was the solution!

Now it updated everything without a problem!

THANK YOU! :slight_smile:

1 Like