Multiple endpoints inaccessible - Server has no working internet connection

Nextcloud version: 13.0.1_snap_candidate
Operating system and version: Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Default shipping with snap (I don’t know how to check I’m sorry :frowning: )
PHP version (eg, 7.1): Default shipping with snap

The issue you are facing:

My server checks are reporting being unable to access multiple endpoints, I am unsure where to find php logs etc for the snapcraft install so the best I can provide for now is the relevant nextcloud log. This issue looks similar to cURL error 6 (msg says: server has no internet connection)

The instance is hosted at Scaleway and the security group has been edited to allow both inbound and outbound traffic on 80 and 443 for both TCP and UDP. The ufw has also been configured to allow this (and even tested with disabled). I am able to ping google, github et al from the SSH shell and receive a response. The issue is reproducible in 12.0.x snaps so it must be something to do with my configuration?

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error?: Yes

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/xjxFkrZJ9m/

This is a fresh install, no encryption module or additional apps enabled. I can’t get the Calendar/Contacts/Talk apps, the usage survey reports an error on sending and Apps reports no available apps for my instance.

Any help appreciated :slight_smile:

Additional useful info:

Scaleway blocks outgoing SMTP TCP ports: 25, 465 and 587. Not unblocked unless I contact support.

Not an issue since I don’t plan to use e-mail functionality, can’t see how it would be relevant, but included anyway!

Further info:
This seems specific to the snap install in this scenario, I used an automated script I found provided here: https://autoize.com/nextcloud-install/ and aside from Let’s Encrypt not working (due to not having a proper domain name) the install proceeded fine and did not experience this error.