Mac-Client: Error processing item: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain

Hello, just installed the Mac-Client and connected to my nextcloud installation. However, when I try to share or lock a file, I’m getting this error:

Error processing item: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=257 “The file couldn’t be opened because you don’t have permission to view it.”

Didn’t find anything in google or here in the forums .
Thanks for any hints!

Which version of Nextcloud are you using?
Can you find anything in the log files?

Are these normal files in your storage, or have they already been shared to you by someone else? No external storage?

I’ve experienced this error on multiple Mac, with multiple MacOs versions.

With Desktop client V 3.16.6.
Version 4.x : No issue

I couldn’t reproduce this error myself on Freshly installed mac versions 14, 15, and 26.
(So maybe a MacOs update break it, I didn’t checked every subversions of mac os 14+15+26…)

Nextcloud Logs shows this, on a MAC with a sharing issue :

Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4101 "Impossible de communiquer avec un utilitaire."
NSUnderlyingError … NSFileProviderInternalErrorDomain Code=12
(Translation: Impossible to communicate with a “utility?”)

In log stream:
FileProviderUIExt … startAccessingServiceWithName:itemURL …
failed to get services for item … Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=257
sharesDataSource Could not reload data … Code=257 … will try again
file provider manager connection invalidated

Upgrading to Desktop client version 4.0.6 fixed it.
But… Version 4.0.6 have it’s own Sync Issues (Team is actively working at it on Github, but I have no clue when a new version will be released…)

It been fixed by Nextcloud Team : Fix: Resolving file provider services based on security-scoped URL access by i2h3 · Pull Request #9159 · nextcloud/desktop · GitHub