Looking for someone to create a sIP integration NextTalk

Good day,

The company I work for is looking for someone to create sIP integration into Nextcloud for conference calls.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

1 Like

i suggest to search the forum for sipā€¦ there are several threads dealing with thatā€¦ (and even one person looking for a sip-dev here in 2017, already)

at least it seems as if thereā€™s a sip-bridge built-in to talk, alreay ( --> Nextcloud 14 now available with Video Verification, Signal/Telegram 2FA support, Improved Collaboration and GDPR compliance )

I had searched using google before joining the forum, I couldnā€™t find a solid answer, so Iā€™m now trying to get a solid solution. :slight_smile:

that why i suggested searching THE FORUM hereā€¦ you might wanna try the :mag: in the uppper right corner yourself?

1 Like

If you are willing to use something other than NCTalk your chances are probably better. Generally SIP support is good in the XMPP ecosystem.

Right now the problem is that the JSXC client for Nextcloud is outdated (and I am not sure if it supports SIP calls) and the ConverseJS client port (which with a community plugin supports SIP for sure) was never completed: https://gitlab.com/lil5/nextcloud-conversejs

It could be a complete stand alone app for nextcloud, just would need the support of people being able to call in and also web login, similar to webex.

ConverseJS with a open-fire or ejabberd xmpp server and the audioconf plugin can definitly do that (this comes from openfireā€™s Pade ConverseJS fork).

But when browsing the open fire website I noticed this just now: https://collecttix.github.io/ctxSip/

Maybe sufficient?

Hello ryans i can do that based on:
http://em.sangoma.com/eQ2d2K03000SKo0IFKTF904

You can try it right now dial in trunk up to 99 Users is:
+49 8042 9999114

with PIN: 22#

The integration is pretty easy:
1.) In freepbx create a new account with name nextcloud
2.) From that account just call the conference room followed by PIN, e.g ā€˜sip:998@v220200346513111866.hotsrv.deā€™

If you install freepbx you can use your own Trunk dial in number up to 255 users of course.

Maybe I am mistaken, but it seems like the very recently open-sourced NC-Talk backend server can be made to work with the JANUS gateway that might be able to do SIP. Seem more here:

Here is a SIP client for Nextcloud: SIP Trip Phone.

It can be connected directly to the SIP provider, if the provider allows direct connections from WebRTC applications, or it can be connected to the provider via Asterisk. You can install Asterisk on your VPS, alongside Nextcloud, then connect Asterisk to a SIP provider like Telnyx or Localphone, so that you can use a real phone number located in a country of your choice, acquired from the SIP provider, to make and receive phone calls to/from any phone number in the world. Itā€™s known that VoIP phone calls are up to 70% cheaper than regular phone calls.

If you want to send/receive SMS messages and faxes in Nextcloud, please check SMS Relentless and Pax Fax respectively.

If in addition to audio phone calls you need video calls, video conferences and text chat, you can use Roundpin, but this is a standalone application, independent from Nextcloud.

Feedback is welcome.