Linux-Client: Nextcloud shown twice in Nautilus(=Gnome-Files)-Sidebar. How can I remove the double entry?

Hello,
for some reason, I had to change the account I use the Nextcloud-client on Linux with, so I removed the first account and added the other. Everything is fine, besides:
In the Nautilus (Gnome-Files) Sidebar, Nextcloud appears now twice!
Bildschirmfoto_2021-04-17_00-50-40
How can I get rid of that second useless entry? (It has exactly the same function as the first one.)

1 Like

I dont know exactly what to do but I can give you a direction for your research.

Configuration files for nautilus should be stored in a hidden folder in your home folder (a folder witha dot at the beginning of the folder name)

Maybe it helps removing this folder (of course back it up first) and then starting nautilus.

Did you connect to Nextcloud via the online accounts feature in gnome?

Thanks for your answer, alexanderdd.
find -name nautilus gave me that two folders:
.local/share/nautilus
.config/nautilus
renaming both and restarting Nautilus resulted in no success.

BUT:
Uninstalling the Arch Linux - nextcloud-client-cloudproviders 3.1.3-1 (x86_64) package resulted in removing both Nextcloud-entries in the sidebar.
Re-installing nextcloud-client-cloudproviders brought both back.
Same with uninstalling and reinstalling nextcloud-client.
(I used sudo pacman -Rn nextcloud-client-cloudproviders and so I hoped configuration files were deleted, but anyway, all my sharing-settings survived that uninstall-process…)

I have exactly the same problem two entries, it happen at some point after a client update, never could get rid of the second one since then …

I am having the same issue on Manjaro and Debian testing. On both distros I have a pair of icons for each Nextclound server in my Nautilus bookmarks.

I compared packages in Debian Stable (works fine) and Manjaro (has double entry) and found difference in desktop file. There is no CloudProviders section in Debian stable version.

So I removed this section in my Manjaro install and now I have only one bookmark in Nautilus.

Here is a diff file:

--- a/tmp/com.nextcloud.desktopclient.nextcloud.desktop
+++ b/usr/share/applications/com.nextcloud.desktopclient.nextcloud.desktop
@@ -197,11 +197,6 @@ Comment[lb]=Nextcloud Desktop Synchronisatioun Client
 GenericName[lb]=Dossier Dync
 Name[lb]=Nextcloud Desktop Sync Client
 Icon[lb]=Nextcloud
-Implements=org.freedesktop.CloudProviders
-
-[org.freedesktop.CloudProviders]
-BusName=com.nextcloudgmbh.Nextcloud
-ObjectPath=/com/nextcloudgmbh/Nextcloud

[Desktop Action Quit]
 Exec=nextcloud --quit
6 Likes

thanks, I found the same in OpenSUSE Tumbleweed

Is it a bug in Nextcloud client or in freedesktop?

I can confirm this works too in debian testing! Thank you for pointing out!

I got this problem in Fedora 39. The issue seems to be CloudProviders is defined twice: once in /usr/share/applications/[…]nextcloud[…].desktop and once in /usr/share/cloud-providers/[…]nextcloud[…].ini

I’m not sure if it’s Fedora’s or Nextcloud’s problem. Package for client 3.9 is fine (the desktop file has no CloudProviders entry), package for client 3.10 is not.

Seems to also happen for me on fedora 39, with the latest nextcloud-client version. It was not something that happened in fedora 38, when I had the older pacakage.

Hi,
I’m also having this issue, right after updating Fedora from 38 to 39.
Tried to uninstall and reinstall the nextcloud account but the icon appears twice too.

Commenting out the lines in the .desktop file, as described here fixed the issue for me. This is of course only a workaround, but since this seems to be only a cosmetc issue, I’m not going to put any more effort in it, like reporting it or do any additional testing.

If anyone here wants to speed up things it won’t hurt to open an issue on the Nextcloud GitHub. However, If this is an upstream Gnome issue rather than a Nextcloud issue, or a combination of both, it will probably take a while until it gets fixed properly :wink:

1 Like

I also experienced the same issue when upgrading from Fedora 38 to Fedora 39.
Single folder on Fedora 38, double folder on Fedora 39.

I commented [added # in front of those lines] the following in
usr/share/applications/com.nextcloud.desktopclient.nextcloud.desktop
as described above:

Implements=org.freedesktop.CloudProviders

[org.freedesktop.CloudProviders]
BusName=com.nextcloudgmbh.Nextcloud
ObjectPath=/com/nextcloudgmbh/Nextcloud

I can confirm Files now shows one folder.

4 Likes

i filled a bug on Fedora’s Bugzilla:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2250340

Same in Fedora 39
Commented out:

Implements=org.freedesktop.CloudProviders

[org.freedesktop.CloudProviders]
BusName=com.nextcloudgmbh.Nextcloud
ObjectPath=/com/nextcloudgmbh/Nextcloud

And the double entry in Nautulus issue was gone :grin:

2 Likes

This also fixed it for me using openSUSE Tumbleweed with Gnome.

Fedora 39: commenting out did the trick. Back to one icon in Nautilus. Thanks.