(Keycloak) SSO and E2E Encrypion not working in Nextcloud Hub 26 Spring?

Support intro

Hi.

I recently updated my Nextcloud-AIO instance to Nextcloud 35.
While SSO with Keycloak still works for login, I get the message that encryption keys could not be loaded and I should logout and login (when opening files)…
If I use the standard login or passkey, this doesn’t seem to happen.
If I login with password, logout, and login again with SSO, the message doesn’t show.

Do I have to setup some special fields for SSO to make encryption work?
I am using Keycloak with “OpenID Connect”…

The Basics

  • Nextcloud Server version (e.g., 29.x.x):
  • Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 24.04):
    • Debian 13
  • Web server and version (e.g, Apache 2.4.25):
    • The one bundled with AIO
  • Reverse proxy and version _(e.g. nginx 1.27.2)
    • apache
  • PHP version (e.g, 8.3):
    • nextcloud AIO
  • Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Yes / No):
    • Started with 26 spring, but occurs often since then
  • Installation method (e.g. AlO, NCP, Bare Metal/Archive, etc.)
    • AIO
  • Are you using CloudfIare, mod_security, or similar? (Yes / No)
    • No

Hello @plotti,
welcome to the Nextcloud community :handshake:

You’ve posted a request in the support section. Unfortunately you have not completed the required support template. Please edit your post and add as much information as possible so that community supporters have the necessary technical information to help you resolve your issue! Especially describe the issue and provide logs. Don’t mix multiple topics.

In my installation SSO (OIDC with Keycloak) was working with nc34 which was “Hub 26 Spring” and still works with nc35 which is “Hub 26 Summer”.

Regards,
wwe

Are you sure you’re using End-to-End-Encryption? This sounds more like Server-Side Encryption.