Kerberos support for desktop client (linux)

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 12.0.2): 17
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 17.04): Debian (Univention app)
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): 2.4.29
PHP version (eg, 7.1): 7.2

The issue you are facing:

running Nextcloud as Univention app (i.e. as a docker container). Univention server provides a functional kerberos realm.

I have a separate test Ubuntu (18.04) desktop which I have configured to provide kerberos tokens (from the univention KDC) automatically to user upon logging in.

Also, from the Ubuntu desktop I have a working SSO setup, i.e. don’t need to provide a password when accessing the netcloud instance (is configured via SAML).

Next I am trying to leverage Kerberos so that I do not have to provide password when using the nextcloud official desktop client application.

Is that something that is supported/functional? I haven’t found any documentation on https://docs.nextcloud.com/ and also on these forums I have only see this Development of Kerberos App

Am I missing something or is this simply not a supported feature?

Many thanks in advance for any hint/advice.