Issue with shared folder link - list files not visible [SOLVED]

Hello,

I installed nexcloud (to replace owncloud) using the apps install at Infomaniak hosting (mutualised).
I get an issue when sharing a folder with several files: the list of files does not appear, the pages goes into a continuous refresh, while:

• the download link allows to download all files
  • sharing one file maybe ok (the file is listed), but not each time (pdf not ok, png ok)

I search the forum for similar issue (possibly this one is related Shared folder - Files not visible (Upgrade to 26)) but could not find something helpful…

Any idea?

Nextcloud version: 28.0.1
Operating system and version : Linux (hosting)
Webserver version: Apache (hosting)
PHP version : 8.1

Nextcloud log in :

• NotPermittedException Could not create folder “/appdata_********/preview/a/e/6/1/4/c/5/1688”
  • Exception
    Call to undefined function OCA\ServerInfo\OperatingSystems\shell_exec() in file ‘/********/apps/serverinfo/lib/OperatingSystems/Linux.php’ line 265

Other unexpected issue

• System page cannot be reached
  • drag and drop file does not work (shows file, does not upload)

Test link

tested on Win FF, CHR, EDGE, OPERA; MAC FF

Because of this post (thanks to @HiBit) maybe i have found the solution of your problem.

Go to the setting Administration -> Sharing ( https://server.tld/index.php/settings/admin/sharing) and use this setting.

https://i.imgur.com/Xi8648G.png

text version:

Allow users on this server to send shares to other servers (this option also allows WebDAV access to public shares)

Hello,
I indeed could not take this post into account (have no knowledge of German)
I confirm that activating “Allow users on this server to send shares to other servers (this option also allows WebDAV access to public shares)” under “Administration settings > Administration > Sharing” solved the issue: the files in a shared folder are now listed :slight_smile:
Thank you devnull!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.