Is it possible to configure the integrity checker to ignore certain files?

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slight_frown:

If you’re urgently looking for support to keep your business running, consider checking out our paid support options.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the following as you can (you can cut and paste this into your topic):

Nextcloud version (eg, 10.0.2): 12.0.1
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 16.04): opensuse_42.2
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): apache
PHP version (eg, 5.6): 7.0.7
Is this the first time you’ve seen this error?: no

Can you reliably replicate it? (If so, please outline steps): upgrade to 12.0.1

The issue you are facing:
The file phpinfo.php (with phpinfo():wink: is not allowed by integrity checker.

I would like to have this file available in the nextcloud directory. Is it possible to configure
the inegrity checker with files that it must ignore?

Remember, this information may be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart: Feel free to use a pastebin service, otherwise log files can be indented with 4 spaces on each line to present them in a friendlier way on the forum.

If it is only this file, you can ignore it. Proper way would be an app. Perhaps not a bad idea to make an app that shows the php configuration. Shouldn’t be too hard.

I know I could ignore it, but with 12.0.1 there is now a persistent (warning) message at the top of the admin pages, that the integrity is not OK. When I leave the phpinfo file, I’ll miss a real integrity problem. Hence I want a proper solution.

An app seems too much for a simple php function (phpinfo). Should I make this a feature request?

Especially because there are certain other interesting optional php module info scripts (e.g. for opcache and apcu use), perhaps an app/setting would be useful, where admins can define files to be excluded from integrity check, as well as copied over on nextcloud updates.

Any update on how to exclude files from the integrity checker. I think a setting option would be great. I had caldav .well-known data that needs to be there for auto configuration. But now the integrity checker complains. I am surprised no one has resolved how to exclude files.