Installing Nextcloud on Asustor error

Hello everyone.

I just bought an Asustor NAS and I can’t install Nextcloud. I freshly installed the NAS, then installed Docker, PHPmyadmin and then created a blank database. After I then installed Nextcloud. I fill out the form to connect to the MySQL database and I get this.

Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory

I’ve spent hours looking for advice specific to Asustor and I just had enough. Anyone know how to fix this, please?

Much appreciated in advanced.

To allow other users to assist you, you should follow the usual rules and provided in detail information about which software versions you have installed, web server, php, database, Nextcloud etc.

This message usually indicates that a database connection couldn’t be established. Due to the fact that you didn’t provide any Nextcloud configuration details, I couldn’t give you any advise what need to be done here.

BTW, I assume that you’re using the Nextcloud app package from the Asustor?

This might be of interest for you too:

You must enable remote access for MySQL/MariaDB. For instance, most likely port 3306, the default port, is not open if you do not enable remote access. Hope you’ve figured this out already, since you asked this question a year ago!