Installation not working

i am a rookie when it comes to nextcloud and definitly a noob when it comes to about.
what does this mean? i donā€™t understand what i should do, i am installing nextcloud on my VMware workstation, Ubuntu version 18.04.5 64 bit
Every step until this step works:
Please help me?

You should start with the maintenance syntax

Better yet, to jump-start download and install the Nextcloud OVA if you are new to thisā€¦

2 Likes

Okey i Will try tomorrow, Thank you.

i does not work:
image .
Isnt it a free Nextcloud VM somewhere? i dont want to pay 20 dollars for it if it dosnt workā€¦?

Why shouldnā€™t it work, if many other users are using it?! If others are making the life easier for you it should be worse to spend 20 Dollars on it.

1 Like

if you just want to try how it works: https://try.nextcloud.com/

itā€™s free and working: GitHub - nextcloud/vm: šŸ’»ā˜šŸ“¦ The Nextcloud VM (virtual machine appliance), Home/SME Server and scripts for RPi (4). Community developed and maintained.

just curios: how many years of linux experience do you have?

2 Likes

I am in high school now and I am doing nextcloud as a summary test for my 3 years in school, my total Linux experience is maybe 1 year or something like that. I have worked with it before but I have never experienced this problem, what I remember.

That explains thingsā€¦

If you click the first (40GB) link on Hansson site youā€™ll notice you donā€™t have to pay for itā€¦

And one year Linux experience should be enough to convert the 40GB data partition into any size you wantā€¦ laterā€¦ if you wantā€¦

I did what you said, now this is my problem: image

grafik

could you answer the question? is github reachable?

yes it is, i have internet access

well. i would test it on the command line. using curl or git clone.

your screenshot just says: network startet. that are two different things.

yeah, but it starts like that and when i am trying to log into nextcloud after that step it just says like this, it tests my connection and so on: image

could you please provide the output of the command: ip a s

What? i dont understand?

could you open a shell and enter the command ip with the parameters a which means all and swhich means show? ip a s it will show the network config of your server.

How do i open a shell in the middle of the installation? Do you mean on the host pc?

depends on the operating system you are using on your desktop.

windows => connect with putty. mac os => use the buildin shell to ssh into your server.

i am using windows 10

Dafaq? What is putty? Havenā€™t heard anything about putty?