Install ncp in a VM or CT/LXC?

Hey, I want to install nextcloud and the VM is recommended, but why?

Getting started with NextCloudPi on Proxmox - :bookmark_tabs: How to - Nextcloud community

If the recommendation is due to security etc. I will use the vm, but if it is because the helper script is not official, I will use the lxc.

Also, the vm script is only working with debian11 actually. Can I upgrade to debian12 after the installation process and why is debian12 not supported?

Hi n-3,

do you want to use NCP (NextcloudPi) for your Nextcloud installation?

Great! NextcloudPi (also known as NCP) is a Nextcloud instance that is preinstalled, preconfigured and includes a management interface with all the tools you need to self host your private data in a single package.

There are several ways to do a NextcloudPi installation. Proxmox is one of option of those.

Hey, yes I want to install ncp and as you mention there are multiple ways. I like lxc due to less resources but I have my opnsense and home assistant in a vm. For ncp Iโ€™m not sure which way is the better way. Better in terms of security, stability and maintenance.

Please check the Nextcloudpi github page / readme as well: GitHub - nextcloud/nextcloudpi: ๐Ÿ“ฆ Build code for NextcloudPi: Raspberry Pi, Odroid, Rock64, Docker, curl installer...

This mentions

• โ€œRun in LXDโ€ โ†’ LXC/LXD setup
    as well as
  • tteckโ€™s helper script