Incorrect display after update to 26.0.1

Hello,
since I updated to version 26.0.1 the website is displayed strangely. Also, I can’t scroll in the settings (admin, apps, …). What is the best thing for me to do?

The Nextcloud runs on a Raspberry Pi4 with 4GB Ram

Hallo,
seitdem ich auf Version 26.0.1 geupdatet habe wird die Webseite komisch dargestellt. Außerdem kann ich in den Einstellungen (Admin, Apps, …) nicht scollen. Was sollte ich am besten tun?

Die Nextcloud läuft auf einem Raspberry Pi4 mit 4GB Ram

hello @OstharzRC welcome to the forum :handshake:

please avoid double posts - we spend our spare tie for support and don’t want to handle each topic twice!

Please use the search - lot of issues have been discussed already

I’m not aware of generic issues related to 26.0.1 upgrade… I would recommend starting a fresh session (ideally private/incognito window). if the issue remain double check the upgrade run successfully and post logs from the upgrade process and output of browser F12 tools

Hello @OstharzRC and @wwe . I am also experiencing this frustrating issue. It has been very hard to diagnose the cause. The issue sometimes “fixes itself”, but just yesterday this dreaded white screen with no scroll bars returned after a reboot of the server.

Flushing the browser cache makes no difference and this occurs on mobile, desktop, chrome browser, and gecko based browsers.

I found similar issues here, here, and here but these are for different NC versions and I’m hesitant to try anything like an upgrade or disabling essential apps like dashboard for fear of wrecking things further.

The only error in administration/logging is this WebAuthn Error but I can’t see how that could be related?

Summary
index	Exception: OC\Core\Controller\WebAuthnController::finishAuthentication(): Argument #1 ($data) must be of type string, null given, called in /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php on line 230 in file '/var/www/nextcloud/core/Controller/WebAuthnController.php' line 93

/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php - line 183:

OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->dispatch()

/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php - line 315:

OC\AppFramework\App::main()

/var/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php - line 1056:

OC\Route\Router->match()

/var/www/nextcloud/index.php - line 36:

OC::handleRequest()

Caused by TypeError: OC\Core\Controller\WebAuthnController::finishAuthentication(): Argument #1 ($data) must be of type string, null given, called in /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php on line 230

/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php - line 230:

OC\Core\Controller\WebAuthnController->finishAuthentication()

/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php - line 137:

OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->executeController()

/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php - line 183:

OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher-

Could there be some kind of missing CSS files for the GUI? If so how could we troubleshoot that?

Finally, I’ve observed that the default theme directory /var/www/nextcloud/themes/ is empty except for an example folder and README file. The theme parameter in config.php is also an empty string like so 'theme' => ''.

Is this normal? Could the themes have gotten deleted on their own somehow and this is the cause? How can we recover the missing themes if so? Any guidance at all is much appreciated.

Hi @OstharzRC. i had an similar problem with the view in my Browser.

For me the solution was to clear-php-opcache in the ncp-config on the Raspberry Pi.