Hi out there,
some colleagues of mine and me were thinking whether it would be possible to replace the nicely done Facebook Events App, that is totally handy for organizing parties, events or meetings.
We thought: Why not add that feature as an dedicated app to nextcloud to improve the “All-In-One”-Solution it already offers. This feature fits in the road the “Global address book” opened: a federated social network.
What the App should offer:
- Create and modify an event
- Invite People from Server
- Invite people from federated Servers
- Invite people without an account with an customized link per person oder one for all (like Doodle)
- Add additional information, like date, time, location, info
- Accept/Decline/Maybe function for the invited participants
- Chat area for event centered discussion
That would be the rough plan for the App. Replacing the need for facebook just to use this popular feature.
We think it would be interesting for privates and companies an that it would be better to be integrated in nextcloud rather than offering it as an independent web service.
Does anyone think similar and would there be a lobby in the programmers range? (As there is in my opinion quite demanding knowledge on the owncloud user management and federation management we cannot offer at the moment)