How to Subscribe to a Calendar that only gives CalDav URL

Hi All,

I鈥檓 trying to drive the adoption of NextCloud in my organization enough so that we can actually deploy it as our official collaboration tool. But one big disadvantage that I haven鈥檛 been able to get around so far is the limitations of the built-in Calendar app and it only supporting subscription to iCal URLs.

Currently, our email and calendar service is provided by IONOS.com (fomerly 1and1.com) and their web calendar application only provides CalDav URLs - which I have successfully used to pair Outlook (using CalDav Synchronizer). Now I鈥檓 trying to complete the other half of the pairing by subscribing the NextCloud Calendar to the Webmail Calendar hosted at IONOS.com, but the NC Calendar only supports iCal URLs.

Does anyone know of a way around this? Or does this seem like a feature request to the NC developers and hope they accept and implement it?

1 Like

Nextcloud doesn鈥檛 support synchronizing calendar data with external sources because it has been designed to be your central database for it. As far as I understood there are currently not plans to implement such a function.

The only way how you can manage it for the transition phase is, to use an external tool.

appear to suggest what How to Subscribe to a Calendar that only gives CalDav URL requests. Am I correct, @kagbasi-aerwireless?

However, please note that Download provides this capability.