How to subscrib to an outlook / office 365 calendar?

Hello,

I am running nextcloud, with calendar app.
I have one personal calendar with my personal e-mail (hep@hephoto.ch). Works fine.
For my job, I have an other account (toto@my-company.com) hosted somewhere. For accessing it, I use Outlook (configured by IT, on a Micro$oft WIn10 laptop) or the web portal (office 365).

On the side Nextcloud privyte to Outlook/office “job”, sharing works. I can see from job’s Outlook/Offcie my “hep” calendar.

Now, I would like to the opposite.
Inside Nextcloud, I would like to see my job calendar from Outlook/Office. And I do not know how to do this.

Any ideas ?

In the web portal outlook settings, there should be a way to publish calendars. Get the provided ICS link and add the link as a subscription in Nextcloud calendar.

1 Like

hoooo it works.
Thanks a lot.

FYI, subscriptions inside Nextcloud are refreshed every week by default. If you need to change this, see https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/18/admin_manual/groupware/calendar.html#refresh-rate

1 Like

Really thanks for this information, I was thinking that something is wrong, as it’s not updating.
I changed then the refresh rate to something faster … 15 minutes, and it works fine now.

sudo -u www-data php occ config:app:set dav calendarSubscriptionRefreshRate --value “PT15M”

(from cloud root directory)

Note: depending on the total number of calendar subscriptions to refresh for your instance, you might want to make this value a bit bigger so that cron.php doesn’t waste too much time refreshing subscriptions for nothing.

That’s correct. 15 minutes is maybe too fast, but for testing, it’s fine.

4 posts were split to a new topic: How to bypass certain privacy/security settings on Outlook meetings?