How to remove recent list

Hi Support,

Please guide me how to remove the recent list. I already disabling the recommendation app, but I still can see the history list.

Regards,

Stewart

@SC000000

Hey STewart and welcome to the forum. Thanks for your very first contribution on here.

but - I’m afraid - there’s nothing like a “support” here. Only unpaid volounteers trying to help.
Such as I am one of them. And I don’t have this "Recent"list. So maybe you should put some thought into the idea of giving out some valid information… rather than deleting the underlaying template here… :wink:

cheers

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for your reply you.

What do you means you don’t have “recent” list? When you setup your nextcloud it’s didn’t show recent list on the side bar?

Regards,
Stewart

Darn - you got me. I am blond and blind. Of course there is a recent-list at my server as well.
Never noticed it since I really don’t need it.

I’m afraid, I dunno how to get rid off it.

Hahaha…

I’m headache to find a solution to remove it, because i newbie on this nextcloud.

maybe it’s not that easy to get rid off it. if it would be possible at all?!

It seems to be a core feature. I guess you will have to use the Custom CSS App to hide it. :man_shrugging:

This might break of course with future updates and is more a emergency way instead of a real recommedation.

Hi stefan,

Do you have the command? I try this command on custom css app, but still won’t work.

Do you have any idea?

1 Like

Hi All,

Anyone here can help me?

Regards,

Stewart

This will hide the Recent entry from the left sidebar in the files app:

#app-navigation:not(.vue) > ul > li.nav-recent {
    display: none;
}

Disclaimer: This was tested with Nextcloud 18.0.6 and might break with future versions of Nextcloud.

1 Like

Hi stedan,

Great, thanks for your advise. It’s work.

You’re welcome. Please keep in mind that this solution might theoretically also affect third party apps which have a smiliar structure as the files app. I haven’t found one, but it’s possiblr that this hides Recent buttons from other apps, too.