How to remove apps from the terminal

I install some new apps from the nextcloud store. I would like to know how I can remove the software using the terminal. One of the apps that I downloaded, has caused an issue with opening nextcloud from form the web. I can ssh to the Ubuntu 19.04 server but I can open my nextcloud web page. I get a blank page of my nextcloud instances. From what I getting so far is that I need to uninstall apps from the occ consul. What directory can I find occ and can some share with me the link to get there.

3 Likes

Find the relevant part of the documentation for Nextcloud 15 here: https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/15/admin_manual/configuration_server/occ_command.html#apps-commands

The occ console is located in the Nextcloud directory, so you need to change to that directory first before issuing the command to disable the app (change capital letters to fit your needs):

cd /PATH/TO/NEXTCLOUD
sudo -u www-data php occ app:disable NAME_OF_APP

If you don‘t know the name of the app, you can list all apps with:

sudo -u www-data php occ app:list
11 Likes

Thank you, and Happy Holidays…

You saved my day thanks a lot…

1 Like

you are awesome!

1 Like

Note that this only disables the app (which is probably what you want in this use case). If you want to actually remove the app, use app:remove

3 Likes

what if it says

/bin/sh: 4: sudo: not found

?
The docs assume that sudo is usable (tbf, they are usually outdated).

best thing would be if you’d open a new thread (linking to this one here), fill out the template so that we know what system you’re running instead of reviving a pretty old and probably outdated thread.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.