Blank Screen after updating to 25.0.1

After updating to NC 25.0.1 the login screen is blank.
The error log shows problems with spreed.

i would like to deactivate spreed. NC is located at a webhoster and I have no access via cli so I can not send occ commands in the terminal.
Is there a way to disable spreed via config?

EDIT:
the php log
[Fri Nov 18 14:40:42 2022] [php:error] [pid 14129] [client xyz] [host www.domain.com] PHP Fatal error: Declaration of OCA\Talk\Share\RoomShareProvider::getSharesInFolder($userId, OCP\Files\Folder $node, $reshares): array must be compatible with OCP\Share\IShareProvider::getSharesInFolder($userId, OCP\Files\Folder $node, $reshares, $shallow = true) in /is/htdocs/HelloWorld/www/oc/apps/spreed/lib/Share/RoomShareProvider.php on line 520
[Fri Nov 18 14:40:42 2022] [php:error] [pid 14130] [client xyz] [host www.domain.com] PHP Fatal error: Declaration of OCA\Talk\Share\RoomShareProvider::getSharesInFolder($userId, OCP\Files\Folder $node, $reshares): array must be compatible with OCP\Share\IShareProvider::getSharesInFolder($userId, OCP\Files\Folder $node, $reshares, $shallow = true) in /is/htdocs/HelloWorld/www/oc/apps/spreed/lib/Share/RoomShareProvider.php on line 520

Thanks in advance

Same issue for me, would love to get any kind of advice.

Have you tried to connect via ssh from your local CLI? I mean: if you have the IP-Address… (sudo ssh [user]@[IP-Address] #This is how i usually solve it in my LAN)

If you get access, execute this: How to remove apps from the terminal … then reboot. Now you should be able to invoke nextcloud via your browser.

My NC is at a webhoster, so I don’t have full ssh access :-(.

The support of the webhoster solved it by disabling spreed and triggering the update process again.

1 Like

Hi Guys,

I had the same problem, and found the answer here:

→ after doing sudo -u www-data ./occ upgrade it’s now working
roman

1 Like

The same issue for me too, upgrading from 24.0.7 to 25.0.1 via Webupdater — the installation finished OK, but a WWW browser started as a blank screen. FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE-p3 on amd64, PHP 8.1.12, Hiawatha webserver 11.2. From Nextcloud error.log:

/usr/local/www/nextcloud/index.php|PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Declaration of OCA\Talk\Share\RoomShareProvider::getSharesInFolder($userId, OCP\Files\Folder $node, $reshares): array must be compatible with OCP\Share\IShareProvider::getSharesInFolder($userId, OCP\Files\Folder $node, $reshares, $shallow = true) in /usr/local/www/nextcloud/apps/spreed/lib/Share/RoomShareProvider.php on line 520
CGI returned 500 Internal Error

Same issue here. Web update finished without issue, but no webaccess anymore, only blackscreen.

php occ check is showing:

An unhandled exception has been thrown:
Doctrine\DBAL\Exception: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in the driver: could not find driver in /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:139```

How to solve ???

I solved dirty this issue by inserting a pair of words into that 520 line of RoomShareProvider.php code:

public function getSharesInFolder($userId, Folder $node, $reshares): array {

public function getSharesInFolder($userId, Folder $node, $reshares, $shallow = true): array {

Nextcloud 25.0.1 is now running so far.

1 Like

Mhm, now I’m getting a screen with

• The files of the app files_external (files_external) were not replaced correctly. Make sure it is a version compatible with the server.

When trying any occ command I’m still getting the error … Connection.php:139

EDIT:
I have a second server with NC 25.0.1 installed. I have copied the folder ‘files_external’ from second server to broken server and now NC is up again.