Hi, I have found similar posts in the past, but my situation is a little bit different:
I had an installation on my own server that I maintained, updated etc. myself. Now, I have a different hosting contract where I can make use of a feature where I can get popular apps pre-setup by the hoster (in fact, that seems to be a 3rd party tool called “installotron”) which has the advantage that NC will be automatically updated.
This is what I did so far:
- Made complete backups of the old installation (files + mysqldump)
- Installed NextCloud via the wizard in the new location
- Put NC into maintenance mode
- Filled the DB with the old data (adapting all tables to the correct table prefix randomly chosen by the one-click installer)
- Restored the backup contents of the data folder (in the correct location, which for some stupid reason is not the data/ folder that is misleadingly present and even contains things like a nextcloud.log, but a hidden folder with a randomly chosen name, as can be seen in the config.php)
Now, when I try to log in (as any user, also as admin), I am getting the “HMAC does not match.” error.
My suspicion is that I have to use the old
passwordsalt in the config.php? What about
data-fingerprint was not used, so I ignored that part of the docs.)