External Storage => "Internal Server error"

Hi all,

several years ago external storage support stopped to work properly and even with several major release changes in between i’m still getting the same error.

Now i would like to use this feature and need some support to find the root cause and a solution how to fix.

Is there anyone out there who can help me ? I saw that there are a lot of similiar questions raised from other people, but i couldn’t find anything about how to fix.

Many thanks,
Gereon

{“reqId”:“TWpTT606jdABKdICUncP”,“level”:0,“time”:“2023-05-20T14:30:14+02:00”,“remoteAddr”:“xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx”,“user”:“xxxx”,“app”:“music”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:“/settings/user/externalstorages”,“message”:“/appinfo/app.php is deprecated, use \OCP\AppFramework\Bootstrap\IBootstrap on the application class instead.”,“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:106.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/106.0”,“version”:“26.0.1.1”,“data”:{“app”:“music”}}
{“reqId”:“TWpTT606jdABKdICUncP”,“level”:3,“time”:“2023-05-20T14:30:14+02:00”,“remoteAddr”:“xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx”,“user”:“xxxx”,“app”:“index”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:“/settings/user/externalstorages”,“message”:“HMAC does not match.”,“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:106.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/106.0”,“version”:“26.0.1.1”,“exception”:{“Exception”:“Exception”,“Message”:“HMAC does not match.”,“Code”:0,“Trace”:[{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Security/Crypto.php”,“line”:134,“function”:“decryptWithoutSecret”,“class”:“OC\Security\Crypto”,“type”:“->”,“args”:[“*** sensitive parameters replaced “]},{“file”:”/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Security/CredentialsManager.php",“line”:104,“function”:“decrypt”,“class”:“OC\Security\Crypto”,“type”:“->”,“args”:[" sensitive parameters replaced ***”]},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external/lib/Lib/Auth/Password/GlobalAuth.php”,“line”:55,“function”:“retrieve”,“class”:“OC\Security\CredentialsManager”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external/lib/Settings/Personal.php”,“line”:79,“function”:“getAuth”,“class”:“OCA\Files_External\Lib\Auth\Password\GlobalAuth”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/apps/settings/lib/Controller/CommonSettingsTrait.php”,“line”:129,“function”:“getForm”,“class”:“OCA\Files_External\Settings\Personal”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/apps/settings/lib/Controller/PersonalSettingsController.php”,“line”:73,“function”:“formatSettings”,“class”:“OCA\Settings\Controller\PersonalSettingsController”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/apps/settings/lib/Controller/CommonSettingsTrait.php”,“line”:149,“function”:“getSettings”,“class”:“OCA\Settings\Controller\PersonalSettingsController”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/apps/settings/lib/Controller/PersonalSettingsController.php”,“line”:64,“function”:“getIndexResponse”,“class”:“OCA\Settings\Controller\PersonalSettingsController”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php”,“line”:230,“function”:“index”,“class”:“OCA\Settings\Controller\PersonalSettingsController”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php”,“line”:137,“function”:“executeController”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php”,“line”:183,“function”:“dispatch”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php”,“line”:315,“function”:“main”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\App”,“type”:“::”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php”,“line”:1056,“function”:“match”,“class”:“OC\Route\Router”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/index.php”,“line”:36,“function”:“handleRequest”,“class”:“OC”,“type”:“::”}],“File”:“/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Security/Crypto.php”,“Line”:169,“CustomMessage”:“–”}}

You’ll need to provide much more information on your installation.

• How you installed Nextcloud
  • Host OS
  • PHP version
  • Redacted config.php (i.e. ./occ config:list system
  • What external storage provider

Also appears you may be using encryption:

• Are you setting up a new external storage or is this a previously configured one?
  • Have you recently migrated your data to a new NC installation by chance?

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/stable/admin_manual/issues/general_troubleshooting.html#troubleshooting-downloading-or-decrypting-files

Is your secret blank by chance in your config.php?

Hi,

many thanks for your help and to wipe the table “oc_storages_credentials” solved my problem :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Gereon

1 Like

Hi ,
Unfortunately I have the same problem, I can no longer configure external storages. When I go to the settings as admin, I get an internal server error.
With which provider? Local
On which hardware? Raspberry PI4 + 1TB SSD
Operating system raspiOS
Nextcloud version: 27.1.4

just to make sure I understand this correctly. By “wipe” do you mean drop table or delete columns ? you probably don’t mean drop table, because I tested that yesterday and after that I could no longer log in to the nextcloud server. All users got an internal server error. but restoring the table fixed the problem again.