Help with manual backup of the AIO installation

Hi guys, I have some questions about nextcloud AIO.
I already red this. I also would like to performs separate backups for databases/config files of nextcloud installation and data. I know tha AIO was ment for standard usage with little/no configuration but I really need to separate the two things, since the data (files and photos of users) are split among different disks with mergerfs, and backed up to another server with rsync (a single archive would be too big to be stored entirely on a single drive of the pool, where each drive has a different size).
For me, it would be ok also to disable somehow the integrated backup solution if possible, and back up thing manually, just I don’t know how to do that / how to restore stuff when something will go wrong.
I also read the maintenance page in the wiki, but I still have some doubts: with the AIO container, is it still enough also for to backup the configuration directory, the data directory, the database directory, and rsync back things when something breaks? In case, where can set the paths for them?

Sorry for the long question, but I am trying to understand a little bit more on how to behave with this before installing it, in order to be sore to perform the installation correctly.

Thanks in advance for the help,
Landomix

See GitHub - nextcloud/all-in-one: The official Nextcloud installation method. Provides easy deployment and maintenance with most features included in this one Nextcloud instance.

See GitHub - nextcloud/all-in-one: The official Nextcloud installation method. Provides easy deployment and maintenance with most features included in this one Nextcloud instance. (there is a note what you need to back up)

1 Like

Wow, thanks a lot for the really precise answer!

I’ll follow the note:

If your backup runs on the same host, make sure to at least back up all docker volumes and additionally Nextcloud’s datadir if it is not stored in a docker volume

And backup docker volumes of the All In One solution, and the datadir, since it runs on the same host!

Thanks again

@szaimen I’m running NC AIO in a docker container on Windows 11. I setup a backup and ran an initial backup, but have decided now that I don’t wish to use the borg backup solution. It looks like a daily backup time of 4:00 is prefilled. I’ve disabled the backup section following the instructions in the link above. Does disabling the backup section effectively disable backups even after it’s been setup or do I need to go further than that to make sure it doesn’t run daily backups now?

Pre-filled is only a placeholder. Only if you click on submit next to the field the daily backup will actually be enabled.

1 Like

Got it, thanks!