Google connected accounts

Nextcloud version: 20.0.4
Operating system and version: Ubuntu 18.04
Apache or nginx version: nginx/1.14.0 (Ubuntu)
PHP version: 7.3

Trying to use the Google Migration tool as mentioned here, but I can’t find any advice on how to set up the “Google connected accounts admin section” according to the message that comes up on my user page under the “Data Migration” settings.

The only advice I’ve been able to find talks about setting up an oauth2 client in Google cloud, but the only related settings I can find in NextCloud system settings also is for setting up an oauth2 client. I gather I should be setting up an “app” in Google Cloud to act as the server, but I can’t find any advice on how to configure such a thing. There’s no “Google Data Migration” app I can find in the apps list.

I’ve been searching for a couple of days and can’t find any how-tos that specify how to configure the “Google connected accounts admin section”, nor can I find any such section in my admin settings, or an app that would seem to match that description. Clearly, I’m missing something.

Can anyone point me toward a how-to for this?

@politas you need to create an api on goolge :
go to https://console.developers.google.com/

create a project
go to API library
enabled Google drive Api , Photos Library API , Google Agenda API and People API
in Credentials : click on “+ CREATE CREDENTIALS” -> “OAuth client ID”
Make sure to set an “Authorized redirect URI” to https://your-domain/apps/integration_google/oauth-redirect ( replace “your-domain” by yours )
copy paste your id client and secret client in the admin section of nextcloud
connect you to your google account in your personal section in nextcloud ( data migration )
if you have a warning during the connection on your account go to “advanced settings” and " access your-domain ( unsecured)"
after accept requests concerning access to the drive, photo, contact, agenda

2 Likes

Ok, this is the step that I need more information about. Which admin section in NextCloud do I paste it into?

@politas in connected accounts > google integration

I don’t have that tab. What is the name of the app that provides it? I gather there isn’t a clear how-to for setting this up, or you’d be pointing me to it?

@politas
Have you install Google integration Apps ?
if not : go to application menu :

search google intregation :

click on download and enable

after go in your admin settings and connected accounts menu appear

some nextcloud functionalities are applications that must be installed in addition like google integration

1 Like

I did have it installed, but maybe something went wrong with the download. I’ve disabled, removed and re-enabled, and now I can finally see that tab!

1 Like