Fulltextsearch does not work after update to Nextcloud 20

After the update to Nextcloud 20 and fulltextsearch 2.0 I’m getting the following errors when searching:

Error: Undefined offset: 1 at /var/www/html/custom_apps/fulltextsearch/lib/Search/UnifiedSearchProvider.php#158
Error: Array to string conversion at /var/www/html/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOStatement.php#81

Also the fulltextsearch:search command throws this error:

An unhandled exception has been thrown:
TypeError: Argument 1 passed to OCA\Files_FullTextSearch\Service\FilesService::getFileFromId() must be of the type string, null given, called in /var/www/html/custom_apps/files_fulltextsearch/lib/Service/SearchService.php on line 269 and defined in /var/www/html/custom_apps/files_fulltextsearch/lib/Service/FilesService.php:463
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/custom_apps/files_fulltextsearch/lib/Service/SearchService.php(269): OCA\Files_FullTextSearch\Service\FilesService->getFileFromId(NULL, 86505)
#1 /var/www/html/custom_apps/files_fulltextsearch/lib/Service/SearchService.php(233): OCA\Files_FullTextSearch\Service\SearchService->setDocumentInfo(Object(OCA\Files_FullTextSearch\Model\FilesDocument))
#2 /var/www/html/custom_apps/files_fulltextsearch/lib/Provider/FilesProvider.php(335): OCA\Files_FullTextSearch\Service\SearchService->improveSearchResult(Object(OCA\FullTextSearch\Model\SearchResult))
#3 /var/www/html/custom_apps/fulltextsearch/lib/Service/SearchService.php(198): OCA\Files_FullTextSearch\Provider\FilesProvider->improveSearchResult(Object(OCA\FullTextSearch\Model\SearchResult))
#4 /var/www/html/custom_apps/fulltextsearch/lib/Service/SearchService.php(161): OCA\FullTextSearch\Service\SearchService->searchFromProviders(Object(OCA\FullTextSearch_ElasticSearch\Platform\ElasticSearchPlatform), Array, Object(OC\FullTextSearch\Model\DocumentAccess), Object(OCA\FullTextSearch\Model\SearchRequest))
#5 /var/www/html/custom_apps/fulltextsearch/lib/Command/Search.php(109): OCA\FullTextSearch\Service\SearchService->search('Admin', Object(OCA\FullTextSearch\Model\SearchRequest))
#6 /var/www/html/3rdparty/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(255): OCA\FullTextSearch\Command\Search->execute(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#7 /var/www/html/core/Command/Base.php(169): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#8 /var/www/html/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(1000): OC\Core\Command\Base->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#9 /var/www/html/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(271): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand(Object(OCA\FullTextSearch\Command\Search), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#10 /var/www/html/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(147): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#11 /var/www/html/lib/private/Console/Application.php(215): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#12 /var/www/html/console.php(100): OC\Console\Application->run()
#13 /var/www/html/occ(11): require_once('/var/www/html/c...')

Here is also a link to the full log: https://pastiebin.com/view/5f8ccebf89add

Does anyone have the same problems and how can I solve this?

1. Did you follow the documentation for proper installation?
  2. Check their github repository.

Yes I followed the instructions and also searched for this error on GitHub, but didn’t find anything. I’m not sure which version of elasticsearch is recommended. I tried several versions from 6.5 to 6.8. 6.7 seems to be the minimum version go get the index to run at all. Do I maybe need elasticsearch version 7?

Elasticsearch is actually available as a separate app in the appstore. Mentioned in documentation here.

I know that and I’ve already installed the app, but there is still an installation of elasticsearch required as described in the wiki on GitHub. I now also tested elasticsearch version 7.9.2, but I’m still getting the same errors. Any other ideas?

Update: I just found out that the fulltext search works if I enable the search as a navigation item and search there. But If I search using the search function on the top right I get those errors. Also the fulltext search does not work in the Android app.

Gotcha, I recommend filing bug reports to the app and android client. Bummer.

There are a few bugs with upload and download. With deactivating the app “activities” these problems can be solved. Perhaps you can test it also for your problem.

The Activities app is active on my installation. I’m still having this problem in version 20.0.4. I’ve also created a comment in this issue on GitHub, but did not receive an answer yet. Does no one else have this problem?