First beta of Nextcloud 29

I’m sorry, I should have gone about this the right way.
It’s rectified and no longer happening after a server reboot. So, if others come across a similar thing, that’s the solution.

Apologies, new to the community.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: API changes/release cycle impact on development

Thanks for the discussion link. Please stay on-topic here. This thread is about experiences on a specific version, and probably possible workarounds or links to such.

2 Likes

11 posts were split to a new topic: Server error after automatic upgrade to beta release

To give a straightforward explanation of my text

I cannot reproduce it either. Sorry but it is not broken here.

This screenshot tells you that certain apps are not yet compatible with the beta version you are about to update to, which is to be expected with beta releases, and does in no way explain why you can’t open Office documents since Nextcloud 14, nor does it have anything to do with the calendar bugs you mentioned.

Please install a supported non-beta version (27 or 28) and open a new thread, fill out the support template and maybe someone can help you to get Nextcloud Office up and running.

Based on the vague information you posted in this news thread, where it doesn’t belong in the first place, no one will be able to help you. I can only repeat that there is no general issue with Nextcloud Office. I have been using it for years, and apart from minor bugs and issues with opening Office documents in the Android app from time to time, it has always worked for me.

2 Likes

And what? 7 apps doesn’t have an update to the first beta release? Quote normal I would say.

3 Likes

Do you have any Bug report for this? I’m using OnlyOffice with v.9.0.0 of the app with NC 28 and it works like a charm…