First beta of Nextcloud 28

The first beta of Nextcloud 28 is now available on our download server! :rocket:

As always, help with testing is very much welcome!
If you notice anything out of order, please report back on the appropriate github repository! :bowing_woman:

Downloads

Rough changelog

2 Likes

Second part of the changelog (too long for discourse)

1 Like

Third part of the changelog (too long for discourse)

1 Like

Fourth part of the changelog (too long for discourse)

1 Like

Fifth (and last) part of the changelog (too long for discourse)

1 Like

The upgrade of my test instance via the web updater from 27.1.3 failed with this information:

Exception: Database error when running migration 28000Date20230906104802 for app core Index name "ts_session" for table "oc_talk_sessions" collides with the constraint on table "oc_text_steps".
Detaillierte Protokollmeldungen

Update vorbereiten

Log-Level auf "debug" gesetzt

Wartungsmodus eingeschaltet

Reparaturschritt: Repair MySQL collation

Reparaturinformation: All tables already have the correct collation -> nothing to do

Reparaturschritt: Copy data from accounts table when migrating from ownCloud

Reparaturschritt: Drop account terms table when migrating from ownCloud

Das Datenbankschema wird aktualisiert

Exception: Database error when running migration 28000Date20230906104802 for app core Index name "ts_session" for table "oc_talk_sessions" collides with the constraint on table "oc_text_steps".

Das Update ist fehlgeschlagen. Bitte melde dieses Problem an die Nextcloud Community.

What can I do more for diagnosis?
1 Like

Looks like a naming collision of indexes in tables of Talk and Text apps.

but it was actually fixed in text in 27.0.1 with https://github.com/nextcloud/text/pull/4555, you should not have had it anymore.

I did all updates in the beta chain on my test instance.

Right, then you got it via 27.0.1 RC2. The fix changes the name, but does not do a cleanup in case this ran through already. A drop index ts_session should help, along with the add-missing-index command after the upgrade.

Update on a test-server with MySQL without warnings.

But trying to activate groupfolders app (install_overwrite) results in an error 500 and:

occ app:disable groupfolders
PHP Fatal error:  Class OCA\GroupFolders\Helper\LazyFolder contains 1 abstract method and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (OCP\Files\Folder::searchBySystemTag) in /var/www/nextcloud/apps/groupfolders/lib/Helper/LazyFolder.php on line 32

As long as such vital apps like groupfolders do not work, an update for production use will be not an option.

After update runing

ncc db:add-missing-indices

gives no echo at all

while update on another test-server with PostgreSQL:

ncc db:add-missing-indices
Adding additional fs_storage_path_prefix index to the oc_filecache table, this can take some time...
oc_filecache table updated successfully.

However, upon closer inspection, it became apparent that the indices are correct on both servers. On an older server with MariaDB those indices are set corect as well, so this was aperently a leftover from PostgreSQL.

ernolf

1 Like

I have two beta instances:

[A] with a bare minimum of apps (not even all core apps) – occ upgrade from latest 27 to 28.0.0beta1 worked out just fine.

[B] with any app installed that I found remotely interesting – occ upgrade from latest 27 to 28.0.0beta1 led to the result reported by eehmke.

Is @blizzz proposed, these steps did help:

• drop index ts_session on oc_talk_sessions;
  • ./occ upgrade
  • ./occ db:add-missing-indices

(although, according to /settings/admin/overview, there were no missing indices)

My conclusion: Some migration is broken and needs to be fixed. I expect any instance to break that went through all(!) 27 (beta) versions.

1 Like

Not sure what has happened by my Nextcloud page no longer loads up, just appears with a white screen

I had to disable groupfolder but I cannot upgrade at the moment

Exception: Database error when running migration 28000Date20230906104802 for app core Index name “ts_session” for table “oc_text_steps” collides with the constraint on table “oc_talk_sessions”.

I was able to update after dropping the drop index ts_session on oc_talk_sessions;

Hi,

i can confirm the problems when upgradig from nc 27.1.3 RC2 to nc 28.0.0 beta 1

• first the index problem showed up
  • after dropping the index
  • the update fails after agin, due to “Class OCA\GroupFolders\Helper\LazyFolder contains 1 abstract …”

Jürgen

This fixed my problem too.

This topic was automatically closed after 12 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.