I gave up on the freebsd jail a tired building a ubuntu LTS 16.04 vm instead but I’m still getting the exact same issue as above:
- i built the basic LEMP and nextcloud setup as per these guides: How to Install LEMP Stack on Ubuntu 22.04 Server/Desktop and https://www.linuxbabe.com/ubuntu/install-nextcloud-11-ubuntu-16-04-nginx-config
- again Active directory was no problem - i just ran
apt-get install php7.0-LDAPas root and then configured next cloud with the specific use i have for joining to the domain. i extracted the verbose strings that LDAP needs via the command"dsquery user > c:\dn.txt"run on a domain joined windows box (as talked about here : https://www.petri.com/forums/forum/server-operating-systems/windows-server-2000-2003-2003-r2/26393-how-to-find-users-distinguished-name-of-users-in-ad) - I’m using the php 7.0 version available though the default ubuntu repos.
- I installed php-smbclient which is the ubuntu version of libsmbclient as per : Ubuntu – Package Search Results -- php-smb (https://github.com/eduardok/libsmbclient-php refers to it)
- I also tried with ubuntu’s libsmbclient-php package and then without it - it seemed to make no difference.
- I installed ubuntu’s cifs-utils package and verified that i was able to mount the share with command in the general form:
mount -t cifs -o username=username,password=password //server-name/sharename /mountpoint: this worked FINE - i grabbed the few remaining things that weren’t installed but the other packages thought dependencies by
apt-get install sambabut it made no difference.
i found these other posts with folks having similar issues:
and these related owncloud problems
Can't connect to Windows share (smb3) Empty response from the server - #2 by anon81984126 - Server - ownCloud Central - the just didn’t have libsmbclient installed - not my problem…
Unable to use SMB mounts requiring authentication in OC X · Issue #27777 · owncloud/core · GitHub
I should note that I’ve tried the all permutations of IP address, windows host-name, FQDN (as resolved by local dns only but it is a valid FQDN. What i want is to use the login credentials, save in session option but I’ve also tried the simple username a password option witch also doesn’t connect…