Error: Unknown: Unable to load dynamic library 'msql.so'

I am constantly getting the following error message:

Unknown: Unable to load dynamic library ‘msql.so’ (tried: /opt/plesk/php/8.2/lib/php/modules/msql.so (/opt/plesk/php/8.2/lib/php/modules/msql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /opt/plesk/php/8.2/lib/php/modules/msql.so.so (/opt/plesk/php/8.2/lib/php/modules/msql.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) at Unknown#0

I am running Nextcloud Hub 7 (28.0.3) installed by Plesk the OS is Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS, PHP version 8.2

Far too little information!

Is that a shared hosting?

If you don’t have commandline access to your server, only Plesk, then this is not the place where you can get help. You must ask your server administrator, which propably is your hosting provider.

ernolf

Why so patronising? When a user reports that they have a problem, why are you not interested in fixing it? This is why people are put off from using Nextcloud, ask for support and are told to go away. You are a great sales agent for Google Workspace!

Furthermore, I am asking for help, having gone around in circles trying to find the answers. People only come to these forms when they have tried everything else.

If I am not providing you the information that you want, that is because I don’t know what questions to ask, if I did, I could probably just fix it myself without asking here.

I am running this Nextcloud instance of a VPS and chose to use the Plesk installer because it was quick and generally works well. I do have SSH access to the server.

Did you also try this? https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12387814214423-Plesk-administrator-receives-notifications-PHP-Warning-PHP-Startup-Unable-to-load-dynamic-library-opt-plesk-php-5-6-lib64-php-modules-mysqli-so

And no, I’m not saying you should go away, but since your problem seems to be specific to Plesk, you might also want to ask on the Plesk forums in case no one here is able to help you: https://talk.plesk.com/

Hi @kimh ,

I might as well turn this around. I sit here in my free time and look at the problems of complete strangers and give the best advice possible. In return I am called patronising. :thinking:

Please fill out the → support template ← . That will give the information needed for the people here in the forum to help you if possible. Not only I would realy love to help you, but nobody here in the forum is clairvoiant.
So, no - I am not patronising, but as you said, you don’t know what to ask. So how should anybody else know what your question is? :wink:

Since you did not provide any information at all, I tried to guess. I realy gave you the best possible answer with the available information.
So don’t feel offended just because I advised you to contact your administrator.
Someone will probably have installed the Plesk interface and know exactly what it looks like under the hood. But since you haven’t even provided the information under WHICH hood your problem is happening, it’s simply impossible to provide any further help, as much as I would like to.

Peace :heart:

Much and good luck,
ernolf

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I have tried that one and the extension is already commented out in the php.ini file.