Error Call to undefined method OCA\... Could not boot richdocuments: Call to undefined method OCA

Just upgraded to NextCloud 28.0.0, Unfortunately the system is flooded with errora (about twice each minute). Opening ODF files does not seem to work.

My System is running with the following components:

Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
Nextcloud version 28.0.0
MariaDB 10.6.12 Size 179,5 MB
PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14 (cli) (built: Aug 18 2023 11:41:11) (NTS) inclusive php8.1-bz2

The issue you are facing (the error):
Error Call to undefined method OCA\Richdocuments\Service\DiscoveryService::refetch()
Could not boot richdocuments: Call to undefined method OCA\Richdocuments\Service\DiscoveryService::refetch()

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? Yes

Steps to replicate it: “It replicates from it self”.

1 Like

I’m not shure which app is causing this.
Someone has a hint how to find out the matching app?
:ear:

Can confirm the same issue

NC 28, PHP 8.2, Debian Bookworm

[no app in context] Fatal: Could not boot richdocuments: Call to undefined method OCA\Richdocuments\Service\DiscoveryService::refetch()
von ? von – um 15.12.2023, 06:45:02

but integrated richdocuments is running fine.

Other errors came from draw.io app. Wont be working anymore, so I had to disable and remove it. Reinstalling doesnt fix it:

[no app in context] Fatal: Could not boot drawio: Call to undefined method OC\Server::getEventDispatcher()
GET /index.php/apps/theming/image/logoheader?v=12
von 82.220.99.xxx von xx um 15.12.2023, 06:32:30

1 Like

occ app:disable richdocumentscode
…and silence covered the sky…

Lets c.
In my case this ist no big problem, my officetoolkit is vim.
Indeed i have a very good impression of NC28. Increased speed and increased fluffynes.

Error Call to undefined method OCA\Richdocuments\Service\DiscoveryService::refetch()

Could not boot richdocuments: Call to undefined method OCA\Richdocuments\Service\DiscoveryService::refetch()

15.12.2023, 19:36:50

|Fatal|no app in context|Error Call to undefined method OCA\Richdocuments\Service\DiscoveryService::refetch()

Could not boot richdocuments: Call to undefined method OCA\Richdocuments\Service\DiscoveryService::refetch()|
| — | — |

15.12.2023, 19:36:43

|Fatal|no app in context|Error Call to undefined method OCA\Richdocuments\Service\DiscoveryService::refetch()

Could not boot richdocuments: Call to undefined method OCA\Richdocuments\Service\DiscoveryService::refetch()|
| — | — |

may be similar errors

same here …
“/ocs/v2.php/apps/user_status/api/v1/heartbeat?format=json”,“message”:“Could not boot drawio: Call to undefined method OC\Server::getEventDispatcher()”

I’m having the same. It’s two errors within a few seconds of each other, every five minutes (which probably means that they are triggered by my 5-min cron job). No idea what’s causing them.

Facing the same issue!
unfortunately, after last update nothing has changed :frowning:

Today I installed version 28.0.1. After the update the Calendar App update to 4.6.1 showed up so I installed this as well.

The errors reported here (Could not boot richdocuments: Call to undefined method OCA\Richdocuments\Service\DiscoveryService::refetch()) appear every 5 minutes. Before the update each time three of them and after the update there still are two errors every five minutes.

Unfortunately the errors are not fixed.

Not even any suggestions how to solve here!

Where to turn with this ERROR?

NC: V. 28.0.1
PHP: 8.1.17

same here :frowning:

Will be disabling CODE for the time being…

YES!
Nothing here!

How can one contact the developers?
Who is responsible?
Who will create a ticket?

What do you think?

https://github.com/nextcloud/richdocuments/issues

If you are looking for any warranty or liability on the part of the developers towards you in case the software causes any problems or defects, I am sorry to disappoint you, because there is none.

Are you new here? :wink: I don’t think so, and I think you know how it works by now. You can open an issue yourself on GitHub at any time.

But please update Nextcloud and all the apps to the latest version first, I think by doing so you will have a good chance that the issue will resolve itself.

1 Like

I tested it in the meantime, and I’m also getting these errors on a 24.0.1 test instance with the latest app versions.

A corresponding issue already exists on GitHub: https://github.com/nextcloud/richdocuments/issues/3363

1 Like

THX for taking care:
I was on 18.0.1 & All apps are up-to-date.
THX for pointing it out for the community to have the same starting point to solve.

Meantime I have:

I have changed a lot of trying to get Local A.I working (no success )

So I cannot remember what app is responsible for this error to turn this off.

Is it only one?

As written above
richdocumentscode

Can find an App with search.
don’t want to disable this with OCC as written above to avoid mess if this is used by other apps.

latest Post copied from GitHub 24.12.23

Can we at least identify a responsible APP?

You’re mixing up different things here. This thread is about the “Call to undefined method OCA… Could not boot richdocuments:” error messages in the log, and there is already a bug report about this on GitHub. So I guess we will have to wait for the developers to fix it.

This is not a bug, and there are already various threads in the forum discussing how to integrate this in a better way. At the end, however, it simply brings errors in the log to your attention and is not an issue in itself.

Well, that’s a completely different topic, which you should open a separate thread about if you need help with it.

The app responsible for spamming the log is Nextcloud Office (richdocuments). If you want to disable it, you can do so by using either the web interface or the occ command. It doesn’t really matter which method you use.

2 Likes

Many THX for clearing!! :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

---------- Just to say ---------------
I just switched to Nextcloud Office although ONLYOFFICE would be the better choice for Win documents, but the integrated server is not compatible with NC 28.01)

So … now this …** :upside_down_face:**

I will open another thread to go back to ONLYOFFICE and setup own ONLYOFFICE serer in a separate VM.

Maybe some of you like to do the same!?
To finally get rid of not compatible …

I also found this:

And This:

Not sure if I will switch the whole NC to this?

FYI, it appears a fix has been developed and is awaiting release: fix(Application.php): Update methods post-refactor by joshtrichards · Pull Request #3380 · nextcloud/richdocuments · GitHub

2 Likes

Mayby
But I think to set up an own ONLYOFFICE server is better approach to leave all this tinkering around with community server for Nextcloud not working staff!

& same here:

What do you think? :upside_down_face:

Anyone interested in a working solution with own server?

Today I installed Nextcloud Office 8.3.1 and the problem is solved!

Thanks very much!

1 Like