Error 403 put when upload a new file on OSX

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 12.0.2): 16.0.0.9
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 17.04): Raspbian Stretch
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache/2.4.25
PHP version (eg, 7.1): 7.1.33

The issue you are facing:
When i edit and save a document i can’t synchronise it anymore i am getting and error “Error 403 Put”

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. Open existing document
  2. Edit it
  3. Save it.

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

I don't see the error in log file.

But a sample of error i can see : 

{"reqId":"6sG79Q0ML6EBQfTlBJgF","level":3,"time":"2019-11-17T15:03:30+00:00","remoteAddr":"192.168.1.1","user":"aftab","app":"PHP","method":"PROPFIND","url":"\/remote.php\/dav\/files\/aftab\/","message":"You are using a fallback implementation of the intl extension. Installing the native one is highly recommended instead. at \/var\/www\/html\/nextcloud\/3rdparty\/patchwork\/utf8\/src\/Patchwork\/Utf8\/Bootup\/intl.php#18","userAgent":"Mozilla\/5.0 (Macintosh) mirall\/2.6.0stable (build 20190927) (Nextcloud)","version":"16.0.0.9"}
{"reqId":"PG7mUPT3Lw1KlcpimCaJ","level":3,"time":"2019-11-17T15:03:30+00:00","remoteAddr":"192.168.1.1","user":"aftab","app":"PHP","method":"GET","url":"\/ocs\/v2.php\/apps\/notifications\/api\/v2\/notifications","message":"You are using a fallback implementation of the intl extension. Installing the native one is highly recommended instead. at \/var\/www\/html\/nextcloud\/3rdparty\/patchwork\/utf8\/src\/Patchwork\/Utf8\/Bootup\/intl.php#18","userAgent":"Mozilla\/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_1) AppleWebKit\/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome\/78.0.3904.97 Safari\/537.36","version":"16.0.0.9"}
{"reqId":"toc1ozecgnwrmek5RYV8","level":3,"time":"2019-11-17T15:03:31+00:00","remoteAddr":"192.168.1.1","user":"aftab","app":"PHP","method":"GET","url":"\/index.php\/apps\/logreader\/poll?lastReqId=ZVCm5YXJfyeFpF0AzC7y","message":"You are using a fallback implementation of the intl extension. Installing the native one is highly recommended instead. at \/var\/www\/html\/nextcloud\/3rdparty\/patchwork\/utf8\/src\/Patchwork\/Utf8\/Bootup\/intl.php#18","userAgent":"Mozilla\/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_1) AppleWebKit\/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome\/78.0.3904.97 Safari\/537.36","version":"16.0.0.9"}
{

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

pi@raspberrypi:/var/www/html/nextcloud/config $ cat config.php 
<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'instanceid' => 'xxx',
  'passwordsalt' => 'xxxx',
  'secret' => 'xxxx',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => 'xxxxx',
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/var/www/html/nextcloud/data',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '16.0.0.9',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'xxxx',
  'dbname' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbhost' => 'localhost',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'dbuser' => 'oc_admin',
  'dbpassword' => 'xxxx',
  'installed' => true,
  'theme' => '',
  'loglevel' => 2,
  'maintenance' => false,
);
pi@raspberrypi:/var/www/html/nextcloud/config $ 

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

There is maybe too many data, should i still copy / past ?

Any idea ? :frowning:

@aftab_kanjiani – Please be aware you distributed some security credentials in an open forum to the internet. Please consider to change these values locally at your earliest convenience.
:exploding_head:

Have a look at:

Furthermore, please think twice and always redact private information before making a report.
:safety_vest:

Happy hacking.
:sunflower:

The warning in the NC script comment was given for good reason.

'passwordsalt' => '<*ALWAYS REDACT*>',      <--- redact !!!
  'secret' => '<*ALWAYS REDACT*>',      <--- redact !!!
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => 'XXX',      <--- could be wise to redact, as this is your internet address

'overwrite.cli.url' => 'XXX',      <--- could be wise to redact, as this is your internet address

'dbpassword' => '<*ALWAYS REDACT*>',      <--- redact !!!

Again:

• Please consider to change these values locally at your earliest convenience.
  • Your site is compromised and anybody can seek to access and destroy your site.

Happy hacking.

Oh,

I have just updated the thread.
Actually as nothing is working anymore i was thinking maybe i should do a fresh install of Nextcloud.

Or Do you think i should be able to fix my problem ?

1 Like

IMHO probably NextCloudPi would be the most appropriate solution for you.

:+1:

Please be aware that NC 17 cannot be called stable and one should consult the documentation:

More general advice: Avoid exotic experiments without due cause and stick to the more known Un*x flavours. Naturally, you can choose Ubuntu, CentOS, FreeBSD, ArchLinux and probably NextCloudPi or other flavours besides Debian Linux. Also available are some other OS …

Have a look here for macOS client background and possible trials:

Do not hesitate to come around again and tell us of your new results. Good luck.
:four_leaf_clover:

Happy hacking.
:sunny:

Security Advice

NOTE: The idea to heal a security breach by a poor update of the thread is quite misleading. One can only edit the most prominent text but the old text remains. Any user of this forum can make access to the former text by using the “last edit” :pen: function.
:nerd_face:

Furthermore, this is the internet and works by milli-Seconds not Minutes or Hours. Any (security and/or privacy) content spilled into the net should be understood as already copied and thus inadvertently compromised.
:safety_vest:

Please think first, act second only and always have the protection of your data in mind.
:innocent:

Your are welcome.
:+1:

BTW a kind gesture like problem solved (i.e. :white_check_mark:) or a little ACK to one or more of my comments (i.e. click on the heart icon :heart:) would show you are satisfied. This could be a kind gesture and would motivate me like authors of other advice to continue in lending a hand freely…
:smiley:

Happy hacking.

Hi TP75,

Thanks for all your tips.
I understand, it was a bad move from my sides.

NextCloudPi is not really the way i want to go because i have already other stuff running on my PI :slight_smile:

So i will go through the links you shared and see what i can do to fix my problem ^^

1 Like

Finally, i did some other test.

When i create folder and files with the web interface, i have no problem.
Also when i create a file via the Nextcloud Client install on a Windows Machine i have no problem.
But once I use NextCloud on a OSX ( MACBook) i am getting this 403 Forbiden Error.

Any idea what could be done on OSX to solve this ? :slight_smile:

Apparently, there are several issues with the current NC 2.6.1 desktop App on Mac OS X / macOS.

Please consider to use the bucket list to get some awareness. What do you think?

Happy hacking.