Easysync - 2-way WebDAV sync app for Nextcloud

Available for free in the Google Play store, will be $2.99 soon.
Supports true 2-way sync, which the Nextcloud Android client does not.
- Allow 2-way-sync · Issue #19 · nextcloud/android · GitHub

3 Likes

Free options I have used are:
SyncThing
Resilio Sync

Yes, but those are not webdav.

This a fully webdav compliant client, which can be used in place of the Nextcloud Android client.

The difference is this is webdav and fully Nextcloud compliant.

Hi, thanks for your thread.

please note that EasySync will be free again from 2024-01-01 to 2024-01-07

1 Like

Easysync is interesting and off to a good start. It seems to work well. I deleted it for now since the implementation is very “opinionated” - it backs up what it wants to and that is it.

I’m going to be keeping an eye on it’s progress for sure.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Mobile client not auto uploading

is two-way sync will blow up the phone storage? I have tons of files on the server?

Personally, I don’t think it makes sense to sync all the data on your Nextcloud with your phone, unless of course your Nextcloud is not publicly available or you’re often in areas where you have bad cell reception or if your cell provider imposes data caps.

But yeah, of course it will “bloat” your phones storage. I mean, the data you are going to synchronise with your phone will take up exactly the same amount of space on your phone as it does on the server.

No it won’t fill your phone’s storage: you can select the synced subfolder on you nas.
Your phone will only be synced with it.
For example for each phone I have in my family I have a sepcific folder to sync with.

You have an option to sync only on wifi. This will avoid using capped cellular network, it’s up to you.

About the storage, see the above answer: you don’t have to sync your whole NAS, you can select a specific folder for your sync.

I published a free trial version.
Feel free to try it