Earn a t-shirt by testing Nextcloud 12 Beta 2!

While the update succeeded, LDAP authentication times are taking a long time. Password reset on LDAP prevents android app from loading due to logon timeout. The desktop client application will also disconnect and state that operation failed and wont re-initialize until remove account and re-add.

12 Beta 3
CentOS7
PHP7
MariaDB

NGINX proxy

upgrade to 12 beta 3 worked smoothly ā€¦ all previous apps got automatically enabledā€¦

what seems a bit strange is the following:

1. prior to upgrade I enabled singleuser mode by occ command
  2. after upgrade singleuser mopde was aparently disbled by the process itself
  3. config.php still shows singeleusermode beeing enabled ā€¦

just realizedā€¦ from admin manual 12

there is no singleuser mode anymore ?? I used it mainly for making backups of my database prior to an upgradeā€¦ to ensure no users can change /asćcess data while backingup and upgrading ā€¦

aaaand some more ERRORS :wink:

finding lots of the following ERRORS:

Error no app in context Symfony\Component\Routing\Exception\RouteNotFoundException: Unable to generate a URL for the named route ā€œtheming.Theming.getLogoā€ as such route does not exist.

/www/htdocs/w005850c/wwwcloud/CLOUD/lib/private/Route/Router.php - line 339: Symfony\Component\Routing\Generator\UrlGenerator->generate('theming.Theming...', Array, 1)
/www/htdocs/w005850c/wwwcloud/CLOUD/lib/private/URLGenerator.php - line 70: OC\Route\Router->generate('theming.Theming...', Array)
/www/htdocs/w005850c/wwwcloud/CLOUD/apps/theming/lib/ThemingDefaults.php - line 156: OC\URLGenerator->linkToRoute('theming.Theming...')
/www/htdocs/w005850c/wwwcloud/CLOUD/lib/public/Defaults.php - line 186: OCA\Theming\ThemingDefaults->getLogo(true)
/www/htdocs/w005850c/wwwcloud/CLOUD/core/templates/layout.guest.php - line 45: OCP\Defaults->getLogo()
/www/htdocs/w005850c/wwwcloud/CLOUD/lib/private/Template/Base.php - line 176: include('/www/htdocs/w00...')
/www/htdocs/w005850c/wwwcloud/CLOUD/lib/private/Template/Base.php - line 151: OC\Template\Base->load('/www/htdocs/w00...', NULL)
/www/htdocs/w005850c/wwwcloud/CLOUD/lib/private/legacy/template.php - line 202: OC\Template\Base->fetchPage(NULL)
/www/htdocs/w005850c/wwwcloud/CLOUD/lib/private/legacy/template.php - line 224: OC_Template->fetchPage()
/www/htdocs/w005850c/wwwcloud/CLOUD/lib/private/Template/Base.php - line 132: OC_Template->fetchPage()
/www/htdocs/w005850c/wwwcloud/CLOUD/core/templates/404.php - line 10: OC\Template\Base->printPage()
{main}

seems to be connected to THEMING ?? my personal theme (logo background picture and colours) do show correct though,

Use the maintenance mode for such cases.

sure, but in maintenance mode an admin can not use the webgui for upgradingā€¦ so depending on commandline

So in case I prefer using the webgui (which I clearly do) I should be very fast after disabling maintenance mode to start the upgrade processā€¦ otherwise users may have changed data in the database in the backgroundā€¦ which might get lost in case of a failed upgradeā€¦

one more potential riskā€¦ specially (but not only) when using the registration app.

once a new user is created or registered him/herself, such user will have access to all registered users emails by the new (search contacts feature)ā€¦

I would suggest to make this really nice feature accessible only to defined groups ā€¦ as this is possible for other apps

What to do with the Theming ā€œRouteNotFoundExceptionā€ errors? I also have loads of them in NC12b4. Would re-loading the logo or re-setting the text help? If thatā€™s relevant, I use an SVG as logo.

Hello, is there going to be Auto Install packages for nextcloud 12. Also, Iā€™ve updated to nextcloud 12 beat 4 how do I get a free t-shirt?

Hi andy,

What do you mean with Auto Install packages? Distribution packages? you can find info on those here: Linux packages status

WRT the t-shirt, our offer was a t-shirt for whomever finds and reports a bug in the upgrade process from Nextcloud 11 to Nextcloud 12 - if youā€™ve reported a valid bug, gimme an link and directly contact me with your shipping address and size!

In a few minutes, weā€™ll make 12.0.0RC2 available via the updater app.

There may be a small issue with the updater in previous versions. If your Nextcloud built-in updater is not working because of the extra file autotest-checkers.sh then you need to manually delete the file autotest-checkers.sh from your Nextcloud folder. (e.g. /var/www/html/nextcloud/)

Hello, thanks for the tip, big help! Stupid question, once a stable release comes out Iā€™m able to update from 12 RC2 or whatever version is after that to 12 stable correct?

Getting below error once updating from beat 4 to RC2

Missing argument 2 for OC\ServerContainer::getAppContainer(), called in /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php on line 124 and defined at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php#80

I could update from NC12eta4 after deleting autotest-checkers.sh.

Now I get this error trying to access the personal settings page:
:
Error index ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function OC\ServerContainer::getAppContainer(), 1 passed in /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php on line 124 and exactly 2 expected
/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php - line 124: OC\ServerContainer->getAppContainer(ā€˜settingsā€™)
/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Activity/Manager.php - line 400: OC\ServerContainer->query(ā€˜OC\Settings\Actā€¦ā€™)
/var/www/nextcloud/apps/activity/lib/Controller/Settings.php - line 223: OC\Activity\Manager->getSettings()
/var/www/nextcloud/apps/activity/personal.php - line 26: OCA\Activity\Controller\Settings->displayPanel()
/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/app.php - line 702: include(ā€™/var/www/nextclā€¦ā€™)
/var/www/nextcloud/settings/personal.php - line 232: OC_App getForms(ā€˜personalā€™)
/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Route.php - line 155): runtime-created function(1) require_once(ā€™/var/www/nextclā€¦ā€™)
[internal function] __lambda_func()
/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php - line 299: call_user_func(ā€™\x00lambda_477ā€™, Array)
/var/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php - line 1000: OC\Route\Router->match(ā€™/settings/persoā€¦ā€™)
/var/www/nextcloud/index.php - line 40: OC handleRequest()
{main}#

Additional I have some trouble with the spreed.me app:

Error: Class ā€˜OC_Groupā€™ not found
/var/www/nextcloud/apps/spreedme/user/user.php - line 112: OCA\SpreedME\User\User->getGroups()
/var/www/nextcloud/apps/spreedme/user/user.php - line 36: OCA\SpreedME\User\User->isAdmin()
/var/www/nextcloud/apps/spreedme/controller/apicontroller.php - line 65: OCA\SpreedME\User\User->getInfo()
[internal function] OCA\SpreedME\Controller\ApiController->getUserConfig()
/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php - line 160: call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php - line 90: OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->executeController(Object(OCA\SpreedME\Controller\ApiController), ā€˜getUserConfigā€™)
/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php - line 114: OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(OCA\SpreedME\Controller\ApiController), ā€˜getUserConfigā€™)
/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Routing/RouteActionHandler.php - line 47: OC\AppFramework\App main(ā€˜OCA\SpreedME\Coā€¦ā€™, ā€˜getUserConfigā€™, Object(OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer), Array)
[internal function] OC\AppFramework\Routing\RouteActionHandler->__invoke(Array)
/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php - line 299: call_user_func(Object(OC\AppFramework\Routing\RouteActionHandler), Array)
/var/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php - line 1000: OC\Route\Router->match(ā€™/apps/spreedme/ā€¦ā€™)
/var/www/nextcloud/index.php - line 40: OC handleRequest()
{main}

Below fix might help.

Iā€™m gunning for that sweet, sweet, t-shirty goodnessā€¦

I got this email for an Issue: 12 RC3 garbled text in admin sidebar, and
above it says beta test nextcloud 12 beta 2 and get a rshirt? I am coming
to nextcloud to have my own cloud services on my home server.
I am willing to beta test and file bug reports in exchange for a tshirt
and some support. I am having trouble getting collabora online working with
curl and ssl errors. Iā€™m hoping beta testing a new version COULD fix it, if
not the I can help figure out how to get it going in the beta version! I
just havent gotten around to making a ticket yet, but would be more
motivated with beta product.
I am not sure if this was an auto email from someone opening a ticket, or
if you are recruiting for beta testers?

Thank you,
Kyle

Hey, maybe Iā€™m too late for a t-shirt, but I think this is a new issue: https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/5047

So when i run a scan from scan.nextcloud.com

I get the follwoing

Running Nextcloud 12.0.0.29
NOT on latest patch level <<<<<
Major version still supportedstrong text
Scanned at 2017-05-22 16:09:37

Iā€™m on (channel: ā€œstableā€)

Yeah we still have to update the scanner to know about 12.

1 Like