Earn a t-shirt by testing Nextcloud 12 Beta 2!

Use the maintenance mode for such cases.

sure, but in maintenance mode an admin can not use the webgui for upgradingā€¦ so depending on commandline

So in case I prefer using the webgui (which I clearly do) I should be very fast after disabling maintenance mode to start the upgrade processā€¦ otherwise users may have changed data in the database in the backgroundā€¦ which might get lost in case of a failed upgradeā€¦

one more potential riskā€¦ specially (but not only) when using the registration app.

once a new user is created or registered him/herself, such user will have access to all registered users emails by the new (search contacts feature)ā€¦

I would suggest to make this really nice feature accessible only to defined groups ā€¦ as this is possible for other apps

What to do with the Theming ā€œRouteNotFoundExceptionā€ errors? I also have loads of them in NC12b4. Would re-loading the logo or re-setting the text help? If thatā€™s relevant, I use an SVG as logo.

Hello, is there going to be Auto Install packages for nextcloud 12. Also, Iā€™ve updated to nextcloud 12 beat 4 how do I get a free t-shirt?

Hi andy,

What do you mean with Auto Install packages? Distribution packages? you can find info on those here: Linux packages status

WRT the t-shirt, our offer was a t-shirt for whomever finds and reports a bug in the upgrade process from Nextcloud 11 to Nextcloud 12 - if youā€™ve reported a valid bug, gimme an link and directly contact me with your shipping address and size!

In a few minutes, weā€™ll make 12.0.0RC2 available via the updater app.

There may be a small issue with the updater in previous versions. If your Nextcloud built-in updater is not working because of the extra file autotest-checkers.sh then you need to manually delete the file autotest-checkers.sh from your Nextcloud folder. (e.g. /var/www/html/nextcloud/)

Hello, thanks for the tip, big help! Stupid question, once a stable release comes out Iā€™m able to update from 12 RC2 or whatever version is after that to 12 stable correct?

Getting below error once updating from beat 4 to RC2

Missing argument 2 for OC\ServerContainer::getAppContainer(), called in /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php on line 124 and defined at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php#80

I could update from NC12eta4 after deleting autotest-checkers.sh.

Now I get this error trying to access the personal settings page:
:
Error index ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function OC\ServerContainer::getAppContainer(), 1 passed in /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php on line 124 and exactly 2 expected
/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/ServerContainer.php - line 124: OC\ServerContainer->getAppContainer(ā€˜settingsā€™)
/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Activity/Manager.php - line 400: OC\ServerContainer->query(ā€˜OC\Settings\Actā€¦ā€™)
/var/www/nextcloud/apps/activity/lib/Controller/Settings.php - line 223: OC\Activity\Manager->getSettings()
/var/www/nextcloud/apps/activity/personal.php - line 26: OCA\Activity\Controller\Settings->displayPanel()
/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/app.php - line 702: include(ā€™/var/www/nextclā€¦ā€™)
/var/www/nextcloud/settings/personal.php - line 232: OC_App getForms(ā€˜personalā€™)
/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Route.php - line 155): runtime-created function(1) require_once(ā€™/var/www/nextclā€¦ā€™)
[internal function] __lambda_func()
/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php - line 299: call_user_func(ā€™\x00lambda_477ā€™, Array)
/var/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php - line 1000: OC\Route\Router->match(ā€™/settings/persoā€¦ā€™)
/var/www/nextcloud/index.php - line 40: OC handleRequest()
{main}#

Additional I have some trouble with the spreed.me app:

Error: Class ā€˜OC_Groupā€™ not found
/var/www/nextcloud/apps/spreedme/user/user.php - line 112: OCA\SpreedME\User\User->getGroups()
/var/www/nextcloud/apps/spreedme/user/user.php - line 36: OCA\SpreedME\User\User->isAdmin()
/var/www/nextcloud/apps/spreedme/controller/apicontroller.php - line 65: OCA\SpreedME\User\User->getInfo()
[internal function] OCA\SpreedME\Controller\ApiController->getUserConfig()
/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php - line 160: call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php - line 90: OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->executeController(Object(OCA\SpreedME\Controller\ApiController), ā€˜getUserConfigā€™)
/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php - line 114: OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(OCA\SpreedME\Controller\ApiController), ā€˜getUserConfigā€™)
/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Routing/RouteActionHandler.php - line 47: OC\AppFramework\App main(ā€˜OCA\SpreedME\Coā€¦ā€™, ā€˜getUserConfigā€™, Object(OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer), Array)
[internal function] OC\AppFramework\Routing\RouteActionHandler->__invoke(Array)
/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php - line 299: call_user_func(Object(OC\AppFramework\Routing\RouteActionHandler), Array)
/var/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php - line 1000: OC\Route\Router->match(ā€™/apps/spreedme/ā€¦ā€™)
/var/www/nextcloud/index.php - line 40: OC handleRequest()
{main}

Below fix might help.

Iā€™m gunning for that sweet, sweet, t-shirty goodnessā€¦

I got this email for an Issue: 12 RC3 garbled text in admin sidebar, and
above it says beta test nextcloud 12 beta 2 and get a rshirt? I am coming
to nextcloud to have my own cloud services on my home server.
I am willing to beta test and file bug reports in exchange for a tshirt
and some support. I am having trouble getting collabora online working with
curl and ssl errors. Iā€™m hoping beta testing a new version COULD fix it, if
not the I can help figure out how to get it going in the beta version! I
just havent gotten around to making a ticket yet, but would be more
motivated with beta product.
I am not sure if this was an auto email from someone opening a ticket, or
if you are recruiting for beta testers?

Thank you,
Kyle

Hey, maybe Iā€™m too late for a t-shirt, but I think this is a new issue: https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/5047

So when i run a scan from scan.nextcloud.com

I get the follwoing

Running Nextcloud 12.0.0.29
NOT on latest patch level <<<<<
Major version still supportedstrong text
Scanned at 2017-05-22 16:09:37

Iā€™m on (channel: ā€œstableā€)

Yeah we still have to update the scanner to know about 12.

1 Like

This is what im talking about auto install.

Please check the link out.

https://download.owncloud.org/download/repositories/stable/owncloud/

Find packages here: https://help.nextcloud.com/t/linux-packages-status

Too late for a t-shirt ?
New issue : https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/5099

well it isnā€™t an upgrade issue but a DB migration problem :wink:

Still greatly appreciated that you report it!