Sorry to hear you’re facing problems
In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:
Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:
longer example here
Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can
Nextcloud version (eg, 12.0.2): 15.0.2
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 17.04): Raspberry
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): latest
PHP version (eg, 7.1): latest
The issue you are facing:
E2E Mnemonic field for UserX is empty.
Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Yes, since adding E2E encryption
Steps to replicate it:
- NC 15 system, 2 users: 1 Admin, 1 User
Running Windows NC 2.5.1 app
Only the User account synch is added to NC 2.5.1 app
Admin account is not added to NC 2.5.1app
- Activated E2E module via Admin account webinterface
- NC 2.5.1 app shows no info in Mnemonic field for User
- When adding Admin to local synch, it DOES show mnemonic
- When removing User from synch, and re-adding it, it still does NOT show Mnemonic
- When encrypting an empty User folder via NC 2.5.1 app, the folder gets encrypted (green lock shown in interface), but is not accessible from webinterface (Action forbidden). Folder is accessible on local PC. Folder can NOT be removed from webinterface.
So I end up with unusable folder
Q1 : How do I retrieve the mnemonic for User ?
Q2: How do I un-encrypt this folder ?
The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:
The output of your config.php file in
/path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):
The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in