Documents not being saved when editing. Nextcloud 18 | Local Community document server plugin

@Liviu I thing the problem is not related to OnlyOffice but probably to some other root cause.

@quentingrap and @astinus I confirm that I measure no overhead for our 25 users.

I have also realized that the background command that is of interest to beeing executed (also if you want to do manually as sys-admin) is the following:

sudo -u www-data php /path-to-nextcloud/occ documentserver:flush

If you want you can preserve the crontab to use the suggested 5 minutes for invoking the cron.php, and use a second rule to invoke the command mentioned at each minute.

Is this the last issue with OnlyOffice? Unfortunatelly NO.
I would like also to point-out that in my opinion we cannot consider the integration for production environment, at least not yet.
For example, a possible error that can be of your interest for a production environment and that we are facing with: if OnlyOffice has an error in converting, loading, or in managing the document the document will be not saved back to NC!

There are several issues open with a logged error like the following

OCA\DocumentServer\Document\DocumentConversionException: 

and the document is not synched back from the OnlyOffice cache :frowning:
I am now facing this error and I have officially lost the progress on a very complex Word Document with many images, tables, custom styles, etc

So I would suggest to use OnlyOffice and NC at the moment for “easy documents”, even better if editing simply documents with nothing “too complex” inside.

Sorry for having shared bad news
 Good luck to everybody with Nextcloud & OnlyOffice! :slight_smile:

@depasqualedavide From where this error is? I can reinstall the Nextcloud
 It is from permissions or 
?

I really do not know, but looking at the error log, it seems to be releated to a plugin for the ransomware detection. Before to reinstall the overall NC, I would suggest to try to disable the ransomware_detection app.

If it is not working try to open another discussion specific for this specific error. We never know that someone else is discussing about similar topics, and that is potentially skipping this thread because the title is not related to it.

Hi all, I’ve been testing to set cron to one minute and using Ajax only. Both settings produced new errors and warnings for me I had not before. What bothers me most is that there seems not to be an open ticket neither on Nextcloud nore on the OO side. So I’m not sure if there is a real awareness from dev’s on solving this issue. For my installation that’s a real show stopper. I love OO and the work they do, but my folks where really upset by the data loss. So once again, an alternative office suite solved the problem.

Thanks @Kandy really appreciated. I want to inform everyone that seems there are people working on specific developments. Let’s hope the work of these guys will produce a benefit for all.

Best regards,
Davide

1 Like

Hi All,

maybe the solution for the problem can be found here:
https://github.com/ONLYOFFICE/onlyoffice-nextcloud/issues/288
As I am no programmer, I can only hope that this leads to a solution of our problem.

Best Regards

I confirm twice. Happend ob some V 18.x Server that I just used. Lots of work lost with three people working on some docx.

Today it happened with 4 people working on a docx for an hour. My own server, snap installation 20.0.7. Never experienced problems before. The file can’t be opened even after I rebooted my Nextcloud Server.

As this problem seems to exist for quite some time as I found out here today, I’m really setup. This needs a FIX 
 SOON! -ws