Docker NCP will not activate

Hi all, I’m out of ideas. I tried to install the newest docker ncp and started the container. But the docker logs always comes with the following text: Nextcloud is not installed - only a limited number of commands are available and subsequent with: There are no commands defined in the “config:system” namespace.

After activation the WebUI shows: NextCloudPi not yet initialized, trying again in a few seconds … it ran for more than 8 hours (during night) and still no forward to the ncp login page, rather than the nextcloud login page.

If I dispaly nc-info within the container everything looks good, except the line with the datadir (doesn’t exist), but data has been written to the directory specified

I’m running a cubietruck with armbian buster 20.08.7 and a Raspberry PI with RPi OS (buster) August 2020 edition. Both have the same issue! :frowning:

I start the container as follows:
sudo docker run -d -p 4443:4443 -p 443:443 -p 80:80 -v /data/ncdata:/data --restart unless-stopped --name nextcloudpi ownyourbits/nextcloudpi-armhf myip

Maybe there are some hints I need to follow, so any help or feedback is much appreciated.

cheers, Nico-CH

1 Like

Same here.

$ uname -a
Linux raspberrypi 5.4.51-v7+ #1333 SMP Mon Aug 10 16:45:19 BST 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux

Any help would be appreciated.

Bug in latest nextcloudpi-armhf:v1.29.

Previous version nextcloudpi-armhf:1.24.0 installed fine.

This problem has been reported and fixed before and looks like a regression

There are no commands defined in the "config:system" namespace.
1 Like

Perhaps look at this post as workaround, solved similar issue for me.

1 Like

Thanks to @jdc7789 and @groone.
Both valuable inputs.

Solved my issue by using

Also, be sure to file any regression bugs. I’ve had no trouble myself on arm64 docker build.

thanks groone, had the same issue with 1.24.0 as well

@just, cubietruck isn‘t 64bit, or am I wrong?

Did you make sure to delete the volume for ncdata and start completely from scratch when switching to nextcloudpi-armhf:1.24.0?

@groone, yes, i did unfortunately without success. whatelse can i do?