[Discussion] New Photo App in Nextcloud 18

Hi again.

Think I found the folder, but it is read only: > sudo touch /snap/nextcloud/current/htdocs/installphotosapp.php touch: cannot touch '/snap/nextcloud/current/htdocs/installphotosapp.php': Read-only file system

Solved.
Here is how I did: About what I found

I deleted a lot of photos via the files app, they are still displayed in the Photosapp, what should I do?

there’s no need for “fancy” shell commands, you could have the quickfix installed as a regular app :wink:
though max version is 20 atm

given the pics indeed are deleted try this one via OCC shell
occ files:scan --user

Now I finally updated my server from 17.0.10 to 19.0.4 (with an interim step at 18.0.10 - which failed with DB exceptions, but that’s another story).

I tried to get used to the new photo app - but I can’t :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
It’s slow, it misses functionality, it’s inappropriate - to make it short: I still don’t like it.

Even the last incarnations of the gallery app are missing functionality which had been there in earlier versions.
I absolutely miss the integration in the files app - in early versions (when it was “gallery+”) I was able to directly open it in a certain directory - the gallery buttons replaced (or were added) to the right top at each files directory (where the “grid view” button is nowadays).
But even without that functionality, the gallery app is still way better than the photo app!

–> so I deactivated the photo app and readded the old gallery app - I hope it’ll still work in future NC versions!

BTW, when I executed “occ files:scan --all” I also got some exceptions…
…it seems the whole nextcloud code nowadays has lesser quality than earlier versions!

…it seems the whole postings here nowadays have lesser information than earlier postings :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:rofl: ymmd :crazy_face:

1 Like

Closing. We’ve been pretty much chatting about everything on this topic and it doesn’t add anything more

Reminders:

Thank you all!

1 Like