Digital Imaging for Medicine in Nextcloud

What config file - Nextclouds config.php?

Yes, config.php

Fresh installation - nothing fancy in there:

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'instanceid' => '*',
  'passwordsalt' => '*',
  'secret' => '*',
  'trusted_domains' =>
  array (
    0 => 'nextcloud.praxis.local',
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/data/nextcloud/data',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'http://nextcloud.praxis.local',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '13.0.1.1',
  'dbname' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbhost' => 'localhost',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'dbuser' => 'user',
  'dbpassword' => '*',
  'installed' => true,
);

Thanks for your answers. One more thing, could you please try to update htaccess with the following command (replace www-data with the user your web server is running under if it is different)? Also, which web server are you using, apache or nginx?

sudo -u www-data php occ maintenance:update:htaccess

Updating htaccess didn’t change anything.:cry:

Apache 2.4.25 is my web server.

I applied a fix for the URL generation in v0.0.5 Could you please give it a try with v0.0.5?

Thanks for your help!

2 Likes

Thank you for your help!

With v0.0.5 I get a picture, unfortunately just the first one, scrolling the levels does not work.

There are still red messages in web console.

Unfortunately, scrolling through images is not supported yet but it is in the roadmap. Also, there is an open issue about it: https://github.com/ayselafsar/dicomviewer/issues/8

Hi,

besides the issue with the missing scrolling, I do find the DICOM viewer a really great extension to Nextcloud. The apps looks very clean and polished already. Very well done!

3 Likes

Holibert, what are your requirements? Maybe we can assist you. Let us know.

Kindest regards

Stephan - I endorse your statement.

Kindest regards

1 Like

Maybe healthcare support could be expanded:

Hi,

Who are the target users of this DICOM viewer?

No it is not DICOM error. At least I don’t think it is. New to Linux, web servers, and Nextcloud.

I install Nextcloud 12 snap the upgrade to Nextcloud 13 snap the test one.

Hi @leogrande,

Anyone interested in storing, viewing and sharing DICOM images with the secure cloud platform Nextcloud. That includes, but is not limit to, patients, individual radiologists, radiology technicians or health care providers who use Nextcloud for DICOM storage and collaboration.

3 Likes

Hello, I need you to help me install or configure the dicom viewer properly in my nextcloud 13.
Thank you.

1. On your Nextcloud, simply navigate to Apps > Multimedia > DICOM Viewer, and enable it. that all if you don’t want to build from scratch.
  2. And if you decide to build it then first install NodeJS for JavaScript dependencies then perform step 3 to 5
  3. Run make && make source command to build source code
  4. Copy build/artifacts/source/dicomviewer into path-to-nextcloud/apps
  5. Enable the DICOM Viewer app

Thanks for the help.

Hi everyone,

where is the opened DICOM File data stored/cached when i am installing the APP from NC App-Store instead Building it myself?

I am asking because of the GDPR rules given from my company.

In the Nextcloud server. So it depends on where you have that.

1 Like